U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:03 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 2,363,917 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
As if anyone here cared enough to address your arrogance with photographic proof. You remind me why I am grateful to be born a southerner.
Who are you, and why are you answering a question that isn't addressed to you? He asked me to explain it to him so he could post another picture that isn't cited, so I see no reason for you to jump in.

That one guy attacked my knoweldge in a very ironic way showing that he had no idea what he was even talking about. He can come back and answer. The southerners in this thread seem pretty full of hostility, not hospitality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,127 posts, read 35,106,747 times
Reputation: 15348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Who are you, and why are you answering a question that isn't addressed to you? He asked me to explain it to him so he could post another picture that isn't cited, so I see no reason for you to jump in.

That one guy attacked my knoweldge in a very ironic way showing that he had no idea what he was even talking about. He can come back and answer. The southerners in this thread seem pretty full of hostility, not hospitality.
Probably because they're so tired of people that don't have a clue go on about their hometown like it's the inner ring of Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 2,363,917 times
Reputation: 830
How am I insulting Atlanta by saying that Center City Philadelphia is very unique and doesn't exist anywhere else in this country. Therefor it can't be comparable to any city in the south like Atlanta?

How exactly am I saying that Atlanta is the inner ring of hell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 12,346,516 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Charlotte is too sprawled and not dense enought to compete with any city in the north. Charlotte could compete with a northern suburb maybe.
If we can't compete, then stop sending those disillusioned Buffalonians and Pittsburghians down here. There's more to quality of life than a bunch of rowhouses crammed together downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:15 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 12,346,516 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
How am I insulting Atlanta by saying that Center City Philadelphia is very unique and doesn't exist anywhere else in this country. Therefor it can't be comparable to any city in the south like Atlanta?
Well if it's so unique, why do you keep mentioning the South? No other city in the North, Midwest, or West is going to be able to compare either if it's unique like you say it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 2,363,917 times
Reputation: 830
Jesus, You guys are really defensive to the point it is getting annoying.

Center City Philadelphia was mentioned before. Some guy came on here trying to insult me because he had no idea what I was talking about. Now I have two other people from Atlanta trying to bash me about it.

What is in the water down there? Seriously. You guys need to chill. I thought southerners were calm and friendly. I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:22 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 2,363,917 times
Reputation: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
If we can't compete, then stop sending those disillusioned Buffalonians and Pittsburghians down here. There's more to quality of life than a bunch of rowhouses crammed together downtown.
It is not a opinion that Charlotte is less dense than northern cities. Just look at population density facts. This is comparing cities, it has nothing to do with quality of life.

Again, why are you so defensive? Whats the deal man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,127 posts, read 35,106,747 times
Reputation: 15348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Jesus, You guys are really defensive to the point it is getting annoying.

Center City Philadelphia was mentioned before. Some guy came on here trying to insult me because he had no idea what I was talking about. Now I have two other people from Atlanta trying to bash me about it.

What is in the water down there? Seriously. You guys need to chill. I thought southerners were calm and friendly. I guess not.
And my southern mama would have washed your mouth out with soap for taking the Lord's name in vain, Yankee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 12,346,516 times
Reputation: 2698
^Have no idea what you were talking about with that other guy; I was only referencing your comment about Center City Philadelphia being so unique that no city in the South could compare. Well if it's truly unique, then no other city in ANY region of the country will be able to compare--South, Northeast, Midwest, or West.

And please learn to read. I'm not from Atlanta.

The irritation has nothing to do with geographical location and everything to do with just plain bitchassness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2008, 02:28 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 12,346,516 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
It is not a opinion that Charlotte is less dense than northern cities. Just look at population density facts. This is comparing cities, it has nothing to do with quality of life.
I never said otherwise. You are acting like dense urban cores are the end all, be all as to what people find attractive in a city. As I stated, if this is as important as you're making it out to be, then why are Northerners moving down here in droves? Now you answer THAT question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top