U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 PM

6 posts, read 85,292 times

Advertisements

Also, In your opinion isn't this proof that some blacks and hispncs are a little racist in Texas?
http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju/?fbid=na1rQvktTkC#

Last edited by 00308543; 12-10-2008 at 08:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 PM

56,813 posts, read 81,169,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00308543 View Post
Also, In your opinion isn't this proof that some blacks and hispncs are a little racist in Texas?
http://www.residentevil.com/5/kijuju/?fbid=na1rQvktTkC#"
Huh?

Anyway, my guess would be Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, many college towns like Ann Arbor, Ithaca, Madison, Berkeley and so on.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,293,135 times
There isn't a place on Earth that is free of racism...

Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 AM

23 posts, read 73,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [LEFT
ckhthankgod[/LEFT];6510563]Huh?

Anyway, my guess would be Seattle, Denver, Minneapolis, many college towns like Ann Arbor, Ithaca, Madison, Berkeley and so on.
In other words, places full of snobby college whites and few non-whites. LOL

Old 12-11-2008, 07:18 AM

842 posts, read 2,543,049 times
Smile It's easy to not be racist when they don't live by you

It's easy to not be racist when you live imn an area where minorities don't hardly exist. Or in an area that the minorities are similar to you.

How do you react though when they live nxt store to you? When they go to school with your kids? When they are your boss at work?

I would say that the least racist Cities are the ones with the most diversity. Maybe L.A. or New York or Houston or Atlanta or Miami, Chicago, DC.

As long as you are a productive member of society, live cleanly, dress decently, respect others and obey the laws I don't see why anybody would have a problem with you.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:58 AM

8,121 posts, read 17,351,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
There isn't a place on Earth that is free of racism...
This is the correct answer. It's everywhere, and will always be, because human beings are by nature, discriminatory. I don't care how far left you think you are politically, everyone is predisposed to it, somehow.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:07 AM

6,226 posts, read 6,856,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
It's easy to not be racist when you live imn an area where minorities don't hardly exist. Or in an area that the minorities are similar to you.

How do you react though when they live nxt store to you? When they go to school with your kids? When they are your boss at work?

I would say that the least racist Cities are the ones with the most diversity. Maybe L.A. or New York or Houston or Atlanta or Miami, Chicago, DC.

As long as you are a productive member of society, live cleanly, dress decently, respect others and obey the laws I don't see why anybody would have a problem with you.
You are absolutely correct. My brother in law rambles on how racist Virginia is and I made the same argument as yours. He lives in a wealthy northern Jersey town with very little minorities. I live in a very diverse area, heck my street may have every kind of minority there is and its a strong middle class area. I also pointed out to him that Virginia, a few years ago, voted in the nation's first black Governor, Governor Wilder.
Douglas Wilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-11-2008, 08:14 AM

11,189 posts, read 22,415,451 times
Chicago comes across as less racist because the city has grown up as a collection of extremely segregated neighborhoods that for the most part act as little cities in themselves.

Only in the downtown area do people of the city congregate. Otherwise it's like 77 quite distinct cities smashed into one "Chicago".

I finally took a ride with friends last week over to Chinatown, and then to the Mexican area of Little Village, up to the Black neighborhoods west of downtown, over to the Puerto Rican area of Humbolt Park, the bohemian white areas to the east of that, up north to the more prosporous white areas of families with kids, then east towards the lake and the 20-somethings and dense hip areas.

I've been here 7 years and had barely left my little enclave on the north side. It was extremely interesting.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM

692 posts, read 2,422,864 times
Quote:
In other words, places full of snobby college whites and few non-whites. LOL
In other words... you haven't really been to these places
and suffer from college envy.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:41 AM

90 posts, read 293,849 times
I think there is more racism in places with a large number of lower income, crime committing underclass Black and Hispanic population. Because each group sees the worst of the particular race and thinks all blacks and Hispanics are like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or