U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 PM

395 posts, read 904,505 times

Advertisements

Lol...if somebody flew a confederate flag in Houston they'd get killed.

Link to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 09:53 PM

Two Flags Over Glenbrook Valley » Swamplot: Houston’s Real Estate Landscape

found it...only in tx...gay rainbow flag and confederate flag in same hood hahaha

Old 12-13-2008, 09:55 PM

Apparently it's an enclave of gay/hip/professionals who are drawn by the unique architecture and this dude is some archie bunker type who was stuck there.

The battle of Glenbrook | Lisa Gray | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Old 12-13-2008, 10:00 PM

6,867 posts, read 12,816,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Apparently it's an enclave of gay/hip/professionals who are drawn by the unique architecture and this dude is some archie bunker type who was stuck there.

The battle of Glenbrook | Lisa Gray | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
I never heard about all this. very interesting. that guy needs to move to splendora or vidor. he would feel at home there.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I never heard about all this. very interesting. that guy needs to move to splendora or vidor. he would feel at home there.
Some of the commenters who live in the 'hood seem to think he's insane. sounds like it.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:08 PM

4,852 posts, read 8,999,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
LA has some.

Mainly in the Western fringes of the SFV
Which part? Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Tarzana, Encino? I thought the western Valley was a nice place with a bout of affluenza. (Heard about the Neiman Marcus opening at Westfield Topanga a few months ago. The second store in L.A. County and the third in Metro L.A.--Good Job! I'm still wondering if there is going to be a second Houston store again.)

Old 12-13-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Which part? Woodland Hills, Canoga Park, Tarzana, Encino? I thought the western Valley was a nice place with a bout of affluenza. (Heard about the Neiman Marcus opening at Westfield Topanga a few months ago. The second store in L.A. County and the third in Metro L.A.--Good Job! I'm still wondering if there is going to be a second Houston store again.)
There's only one neiman in the 713? Weird considering it's a TX company. dallas is probably giving us the snub.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:17 PM

6,867 posts, read 12,816,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
where would they put it? the one in the galleria serves the river oaks and memorial population. i can't think of any other areas that can afford to shop there.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:21 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,911,328 times
You need to define the term "redneck" to properly answer this question. To many folks a redneck is an illiterate hick and to others a redneck is an honest country dweller or blue-collar worker in the mines of W.V. There are too many ways to define the term redneck for this post to have much value. It is already straying off topic anyway.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:33 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,924,816 times
Rednecks to me are illiterate, illogical (or both) hicks. Honest country dwellers are just country to me. If Chicago has them of course every city would have them, my city has them in the some burbs but they'll move further out as this place grows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or