U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 08:38 AM

3,326 posts, read 7,773,543 times

Advertisements

Kansas City.. St. Louis.. Memphis... New Orleans... Dallas... Houston... San Antonio... Atlanta...Nashville...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 09:16 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,316,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Nothing more than a redneck in a uniform, IMO. Besides, if you know the demographics of that area, then you know that such a person would be a big-time minority.
A racist in Chicago? Yes, I'm sure that's a minority.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
Yup yup sho enuf forgot about all them hills in the city.
Bigger then the blessed Appalachians I suspect.
You're gifted, aren't you?

Last edited by DeaconJ; 12-15-2008 at 10:47 AM..

Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,834,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
A racist in Chicago? Yes, I'm sure that's a minority.
No doubt they are, but they do exist.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:20 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,148,193 times
any metro area of a big southern town theres plenty.. same with real northern towns, but there reffered as hick.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:23 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,148,193 times
Quote:
dont base the sin on the skin.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Please...they are a minority (I hope) but they do more than exist.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:29 AM

1,592 posts, read 3,098,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Miami was full of white trash when I went there. Didn't you see Miami Vice the movie?
Such a racist comment! Imagine if this person said such a derogatory thing about another race or class of people? Why do people abhor white, working-class people? They can't help it if they are poor! They can't help it if they need to hunt to put meat on the table or if they would rather hunt than work out a gym (which, by the way, they can't afford).

No, I am not one, but I know quite a few who you would define as such and I find them to be decent, honest, hard-working people. They are just trying to get by the best way they know how. These are POOR people -- please, cut them a break! Not everyone makes as much money as some of the racists on these boards and can afford to pay $4 for a cup of coffee! BTW, if the economy keeps going the way it is, it will be the "red necks" who will survive b/c they know how to live off the land.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:32 AM

395 posts, read 906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavetoSay View Post
Such a racist comment! Imagine if this person said such a derogatory thing about another race or class of people? Why do people abhor white, working-class people? They can't help it if they are poor! They can't help it if they need to hunt to put meat on the table or if they would rather hunt than work out a gym (which, by the way, they can't afford).

No, I am not one, but I know quite a few who you would define as such and I find them to be decent, honest, hard-working people. They are just trying to get by the best way they know how. These are POOR people -- please, cut them a break! Not everyone makes as much money as some of the racists on these boards and can afford to pay $4 for a cup of coffee! BTW, if the economy keeps going the way it is, it will be the "red necks" who will survive b/c they know how to live off the land.

"White trash" has nothing to do with "working class." White trash don't make an honest living - they smoke/deal meth or something. They might have a nominal job at a wal mart or mcdonalds around miami but it's far far from "working class." I have respect for blue collar workers. White trash is basically like white ghetto people who have no values don't mind doing whatever (leeching off the system, stealing, drugs) to get what they want.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:15 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,935,120 times
Rednecks I tend to think of as more rural. Urbanized rednecks are what I term "white trash", and yes, contradictory to what many people might think, they exist in many areas outside of the South, particularly in the Midwest and Northeast. Kansas City, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincinnati all have these kinds of people, and the surprising thing is that some of them have Southern accents. My guess is that either they were children of poor Southern whites who migrated up to these manufacturing cities back in the day, or they have grown up around a lot of blacks and adopted the accent themselves, or the accent comes from lack of education, I'm not too sure. You see a lot of poorer whites in motorcycle gangs in these cities too sporting lots of tatoos, which seems redneck-ish to me. New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and D.C. have people like this too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or