Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:36 PM

395 posts, read 1,010,889 times

Advertisements

Are there rednecks in these places? If so what do they do??? I have never seen rednecks in big cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 PM

938 posts, read 4,092,849 times
LA has some.

Mainly in the Western fringes of the SFV, but also in the outer Antelope Valley/unincorporated areas and other fringe areas of San Bernandino County, like Colton and the Redlands. You can even include the High Desert area (Victorville, Hisperia, etc). There is a huge Meth endemic in these areas.

The ones I know cherish the outdoors; hunting, sand dune racing on ATV's, wildlife and family events such as BBQ'ing.

Last edited by King0fthehill; 12-13-2008 at 07:42 PM.. Reason: forgot to add

Old 12-13-2008, 07:42 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
You will find them in all southern cities with the exception of Miami.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
LA has some.

Mainly in the Western fringes of the SFV, but also in the outer Antelope Valley/unincorporated areas and other fringe areas of San Bernandino County, like Colton and the Redlands. You can even include the High Desert area (Victorville, Hisperia, etc). There is a huge Meth endemic in these areas.

The ones I know cherish the outdoors; hunting, sand dune racing on ATV's, wildlife and family events such as BBQ'ing.
Yeh I knew inland empire had some. I think it's same here in h-town like in the city itself i never see any but there are in Pearland (blue-collar industrial 'burb) and prolly on the north side in some crappy old suburbs. Woodlands and Sugarland probably not!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
You will find them in all southern cities with the exception of Miami.
Miami was full of white trash when I went there. Didn't you see Miami Vice the movie?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
no rednecks in Houston but drive about an hour northeast of Houston and you will find plenty of them.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Miami was full of white trash when I went there. Didn't you see Miami Vice the movie?
You must have been in Miami, Ohio

Old 12-13-2008, 08:13 PM

668 posts, read 2,357,435 times
I remember growing up in Chicago's Bridgeport neighborhood on the south side (early 1990's), one of the only few dominantly white (Irish) neighborhood's on the south side (most neighborhoods are predominately black, and ghetto at that). My dad today always said he never thought white ghettos existed in inner cities until he moved to Birdgeport. He said across the street from where we lived there were rednecks that were more redneck and hillbilly-ish than anybody from any rural area he had ever met. He said they sat out on the porch all day, harrassing women and minorities, and fighting with people, while swigging... you guessed it... Jack Daniels. We actually moved out of the neighborhood when my dad, while coming from work, saw one of the hicks pull up to the house in a stolen car, and when the some police on foot went after the car he put it in reverse, backed up and then began to drive the car directly at the cops nearly hitting them and running into a street lamp. The cops managed to jump out the way, and being extremely pissed off (one cop kept screaming "he tried to run me over! he tried to run me over!"), went up to his car, pulled him out, and beat the living crap out of him, within an inch of his life. The cops then approached my dad and told him that if he were forced to testify, he has to say it was a car accident,and threatened him if said otherwise. I think that was the final straw, and it wasn't long before we left Bridgeport. The neighborhood is pretty different now, but yes, there are still hillbillies and hicks in the inner cities and in the Bridgeport neighborhood too. It's slowly starting to change though for hillbillies, gang bangers and blue collar folk of all types in big cities, with gentrification and all these days.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
I remember growing up in Chicago's Bridgeport neighborhood on the south side (early 1990's), one of the only few dominantly white (Irish) neighborhood's on the south side (most neighborhoods are predominately black, and ghetto at that). My dad today always said he never thought white ghettos existed in inner cities until he moved to Birdgeport. He said across the street from where we lived there were rednecks that were more redneck and hillbilly-ish than anybody from any rural area he had ever met. He said they sat out on the porch all day, harrassing women and minorities, and fighting with people, while swigging... you guessed it... Jack Daniels. We actually moved out of the neighborhood when my dad, while coming from work, saw one of the hicks pull up to the house in a stolen car, and when the some police on foot went after the car he put it in reverse, backed up and then began to drive the car directly at the cops nearly hitting them and running into a street lamp. The cops managed to jump out the way, and being extremely pissed off (one cop kept screaming "he tried to run me over! he tried to run me over!"), went up to his car, pulled him out, and beat the living crap out of him, within an inch of his life. The cops then approached my dad and told him that if he were forced to testify, he has to say it was a car accident,and threatened him if said otherwise. I think that was the final straw, and it wasn't long before we left Bridgeport. The neighborhood is pretty different now, but yes, there are still hillbillies and hicks in the inner cities and in the Bridgeport neighborhood too. It's slowly starting to change though for hillbillies, gang bangers and blue collar folk of all types in big cities, with gentrification and all these days.
lol thank you i laughed so hard at that story. hahahaha that's awesome.

In houston I lived in the "hood" once (I was actually making quite a bit and lived with a nice Asian couple) but the only white people other than us were some gay guys. Houston doesn't have those white ethnic enclaves like Chicago.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:30 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,922,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
no rednecks in Houston but drive about an hour northeast of Houston and you will find plenty of them.
Literally, no rednecks in Houston??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.