U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 05:55 AM

2,980 posts, read 7,287,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
There are trashy areas in the South and there are nice areas. It depends on where you go. The same can be said for New York.
Yeah i noticed people in Tupelo, MS did dress nicely and took an interest in their appearance. Maybe people that live in the country just like to dress comfortably and relax, especially with the heat there.

In Birmingham, AL was the exact same. I found South Carolina to be a tad different and Charlotte, NC.

Its the same everywhere I guess, depends on the town.

I'm going back to Mississippi in March to visit my in laws, if its warm im getting into my linen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 06:24 AM

2,927 posts, read 7,572,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
And your obviously hyper sensitive and don't know very much about me then don't you.

Exaggeration seems to be one of your main qualities i've noticed.

Why i've been all over the South, met all kinds of people. But not all southern people are "well groomed" like i pointed out. It's the same everywhere you go my friend.

I'm female, you know that word "lass" means FEMALE or didn't you get proper education at school??? Not likely with that statement you made.

I'd advise you not to step on my toes, us Scottish women do not take kindly to twits like you trying to be smart arses.
Very interesting observation you have there....

You may want to.... it will help.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:42 PM

835 posts, read 2,083,573 times
Quote:
Yeah i noticed people in Tupelo, MS did dress nicely and took an interest in their appearance. Maybe people that live in the country just like to dress comfortably and relax, especially with the heat there.

In Birmingham, AL was the exact same. I found South Carolina to be a tad different and Charlotte, NC.

Its the same everywhere I guess, depends on the town.

I'm going back to Mississippi in March to visit my in laws, if its warm im getting into my linen
Where in South Carolina?

Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM

12,050 posts, read 11,142,366 times
I haven't read through this entire thread, so excuse me if that has already been said. Southerners are not well groomed, so much as pacific northwesterners are sooooo poorly groomed. I've lived all around the country -- went to school at the UW in Seattle. Believe me, PWNers are the absolute most casual (aka trashy) dressers around. People from the northeast and somewhat even the midwest dress much nicer than southerners for the most part.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Where in South Carolina?
My in laws lived in Darlington, SC do you know of it?

I also spent time in Conway, Myrtle Beach, Rock hill, Hartsville (nice town)

I spent alot of time in Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi too.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:47 PM

7,370 posts, read 10,064,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Stetson dropped its' affiliation years ago.

I don't think Wake Forest is affiliated any longer either. In fact Samford is probably the only one I mentioned that still has a strong relationship with its state Baptist convention, there is a lot of discontent/ distrust with Mercer and Baylor and their state SBC conventions.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 PM

23,042 posts, read 35,003,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I don't think Wake Forest is affiliated any longer either. In fact Samford is probably the only one I mentioned that still has a strong relationship with its state Baptist convention, there is a lot of discontent/ distrust with Mercer and Baylor and their state SBC conventions.
I know that Stetson parted ways with the SBC when they figured out that it was responsible for less than 3% of the school's endowment and yet still felt entitled to call the shots. I suspect that this situation is a familiar one to the other schools.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 AM

835 posts, read 2,083,573 times
Quote:
My in laws lived in Darlington, SC do you know of it?

I also spent time in Conway, Myrtle Beach, Rock hill, Hartsville (nice town)

I spent alot of time in Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi too.
Lol I think it's because you were at the beach.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestposter24 View Post
Lol I think it's because you were at the beach.
Hartsville, Darlington, Rock hill are not by any beaches. Yeah obviously people in MB dressed to the weather but even still it just depends on where you go eh.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:58 AM

38,690 posts, read 89,169,700 times
Wow. 80 posts about Southern grooming habits with nary a reference to NASCAR. I'm so proud of my fellow CDers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.