Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 02:08 PM

180 posts, read 524,319 times

Advertisements

Can you name a small to mid-size city that has a large selection of apartments located near the main shopping area/mall? By near, I mean "within a 2 mile radius".

An eye disease keeps me from driving. I currently live in a city like that, Fargo, ND, and love being able to walk to a lot of things and my job which is in retail. It is also great to not have to plan my schedule around public transit. But it would great to live somewhere just a little warmer in the winter, with at least average highs of 30F.

I would prefer to not be in suburb of a huge city, but if you think you have a place that would work, feel free to mention it.

Maximum rent would be $600 for a 1 bedroom apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 03:04 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,337,451 times
What about the Louisville suburb of St Matthews? It's right off a main bus line that goes to two large shopping malls just to the east and a nice area of coffee shops and book stores to the west. St Matthews is a safe section of the 8th safest large city, quite affordable too - $600 could get you something on the higher end.

Ave high in January is 42 F

Old 12-28-2008, 03:13 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,498,132 times
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Albuquerque - Albuquerque New Mexico - Albuquerque NM

Old 12-28-2008, 03:28 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,527,066 times
Lubbock sounds like a good fit. There are plenty of apartments within a few blocks of the mall, and it is one of the most affordable cities in the nation. The public transit is not the best, but most ammenities are within walking distance from all parts of town.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:45 PM

180 posts, read 524,319 times
Thanks to the three who have replied so far. I am pleased to see that some of the cities I had in mind are being suggested.

I have been back and forth on Lousiville, mainly because it is larger and had no idea which area would work for what I want. Narrowing it down to the St Matthews area definitely helps. And they have my place of employment there, which is Target.

Lubbock definitely has been on my list. I am only concerned because my place of employment,Target, is kind of further away from a lot of the apartments and mall. I realize you would not have known where I worked. I know they have two locations, the old one on University and the new one on Marsha Sharp Freeway. Can you actually walk to the Marsha Sharp location?

To the person who suggested Albuqerque, which part of the city would you be recommending?

Old 12-28-2008, 03:52 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,498,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc1211 View Post
To the person who suggested Albuqerque, which part of the city would you be recommending?
The uptown area:

Albuquerque - Convention & Visitors Bureau
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.