U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:10 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,560,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Well the woman are very nice in DC. DC is known for this. I've seen many and they are just as many good looking beautiful black women in DC as they are in Texas. But the skinny jeans and stuff is DC though but they like to wear North Face (which works btw) and nike boots. DC has a style of it's own. I respect that. But as far as braids, you won't see that on women in DC.
There were a lot of D.C. area women who had braids back in the 90's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:23 AM

18,632 posts, read 27,042,193 times
^^ just about every city with even a trace of Black population had braids. That and short Toni Braxton-Halle Berry haircut was what defined the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I noticed the braids on women everytime I go to D.C. I go their when I'm visiting family in Charlottesville,VA and we usually drive to D.C. to see my dad's friend.
Well let me say that you won't see that on many women in DC.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,720,075 times
Obviously if New York is the fashion center then the answer will be New York. Let's use our common knowledge that we should've developed through grade school. I don't think it's a secret that NYC's the modern fashion capital of the world and growing.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:20 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,617,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Walking around the Galleria and Sharpstown Mall in Houston, you see lots of crazy and fashionable trends. It seems the skinny jeans for guys is coming back into style
Yeah man, I've never been to Houston but I've met many-a-fine sistas from H-town. I've been to Dallas though and there are definitely a lot there. Other props go to DC, NYC, and LA.

And don't even get me started on my own hometown of Atlanta. Truly a sight to see.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,617,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Another city, if it was only in the US is Toronto. Talk about some fine sistas!!!
Toronto is absolutely first-class primo. I've always wanted to go to the Carribean festival up there.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:27 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,667,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Yeah man, I've never been to Houston but I've met many-a-fine sistas from H-town. I've been to Dallas though and there are definitely a lot there. Other props go to DC, NYC, and LA.

And don't even get me started on my own hometown of Atlanta. Truly a sight to see.
We got some women down here from ATL and !!....that's all I got to say lol

Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,667,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
^^ just about every city with even a trace of Black population had braids. That and short Toni Braxton-Halle Berry haircut was what defined the 90s.

Well let me say that you won't see that on many women in DC.
I've seen it and so has many other people. Also what is the deal with dudes with dreads??? D.C. has some very fine looking women as well as fashionable people, but I just notice lots of people with long braids and dreads there.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM

692 posts, read 2,419,805 times
I'm going to agree with Hugh Grant on this one.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:00 PM

4,953 posts, read 8,535,344 times
DC girls do their own thing. They don't follow any trends. We can debate who is the flyest until the cows come home. Each region of the country have their own styles. In DC, people rock skinny jeans (which have been out for a while) True Religion jeans, Ed Hardy, Northface and Nike Boots. As for the braids, I don't know about that one. DC girls wear a lot of tracks like nobody's business. If you are in tune with hair styles and hair shows, you will know that DC, Detroit and ATL always represent.

If you ever come to DC in the summer, go to Chinatown or U Street on any given day. It's a beautiful sight!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:47 PM

367 posts, read 1,177,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
DC girls do their own thing. They don't follow any trends. We can debate who is the flyest until the cows come home. Each region of the country have their own styles. In DC, people rock skinny jeans (which have been out for a while) True Religion jeans, Ed Hardy, Northface and Nike Boots. As for the braids, I don't know about that one. DC girls wear a lot of tracks like nobody's business. If you are in tune with hair styles and hair shows, you will know that DC, Detroit and ATL always represent.

If you ever come to DC in the summer, go to Chinatown or U Street on any given day. It's a beautiful sight!
It doesn't matter if it's DC or Little Rock, anywhere where you find a nice ass in Jeans is a nice sight. The airports are my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or