Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:28 AM

69 posts, read 393,066 times

Advertisements

Although Columbus, OH is one of my favorite cities, I do not care for Cleveland or northeastern OH in general. People just seemed so mean and cold for some reason. The Detriot and Gary, IN areas seemed the same way. Also parts of Florida were quite rude too, home to many transplanted Clevelanders and Detrioters (is that what they are called?). I like the Mid-West, but those areas are the pits. In Florida, the cities contain transplants from over, so you see the best and worst of people down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 05:20 PM

Location: Shepherdsville and Frankfort, Kentucky, soon to be somewhere in TEXAS!
23 posts, read 153,353 times
Default Cold people cities

-Washington, DC...Holy crap!!!
-Louisville, KY...a city that goes on and on and ON and ON about its Southern hospitality (that, once you get there, you find out it doesn't remotely exist.)
-New Orleans, LA: all the crime, I guess
-Lexington, KY: let's just say, "white trash with money."
-Chicago, IL: the absolute meanest people I've ever met hail from there.
-Los Angeles: Well, what do you expect? They're in an incredible rush and don't have time for you. That, I can understand.
-San Francisco: I didn't leave my heart there.
-Seattle: Daaaaaamn!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:35 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,666,249 times
Minneapolis. I believe the word snob comes to mind. Friends when they want something or to prove a social achievement. nah lets just leave it at snobs.
toodles.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:27 PM

786 posts, read 4,720,375 times
I agree that the people in Washington DC area are cold. Unless you can do something for them. I go into other parts of Virginia and once you get to Richmond it is alot nicer.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM

369 posts, read 1,634,481 times
New York, NY definitely. They seem to have absolutely no concern for their fellow man. They are just plain rude. Boston is a close second.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,039,217 times
That isn't fair to say at all, I've met and know very nice and caring people in both cities. When a friend of mine and I were walking down the street in Boston and my friend tripped and fell and her purse went flying, she instantly had two people there to help her and check if she was okay (and immediately collecting and returning her purse). I think that these stereotypes are ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,222,920 times
I'm sending in my vote for my own city... Washington DC.

I've just about had enough of this godforsaken high-strung political clusterfook of a sh*thole that I can't wait to get out of.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:26 PM

1,008 posts, read 4,015,270 times
This is a good thread but honestly you'll find rude people in every city you go to.
Some cities are known to be more hospitable than others but remember you still have to look at the cultural/political differences. Someone may be nice to you just by nature, meaning they were taught to show proper etiquette but once they get to know you that all may change. Funny...I've NEVER had a problem with people from NY,CA or Chicago.

I was in Orlando a few years back and a city that prides itself on manners was pretty rude.....

Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,222,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova7 View Post
This is a good thread but honestly you'll find rude people in every city you go to.
Some cities are known to be more hospitable than others but remember you still have to look at the cultural/political differences. Someone may be nice to you just by nature, meaning they were taught to show proper etiquette but once they get to know you that all may change. Funny...I've NEVER had a problem with people from NY,CA or Chicago.

I was in Orlando a few years back and a city that prides itself on manners was pretty rude.....
I actually think people in NYC are friendlier than DC.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:42 PM

369 posts, read 1,634,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
That isn't fair to say at all, I've met and know very nice and caring people in both cities. When a friend of mine and I were walking down the street in Boston and my friend tripped and fell and her purse went flying, she instantly had two people there to help her and check if she was okay (and immediately collecting and returning her purse). I think that these stereotypes are ridiculous.
Was she a pretty girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.