U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 PM

57 posts, read 175,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What do you prefer? Grocery store-brand franks with some ketchup and mustard on a crusty bun?

Give me a tasty Vienna Beef hotdog anyday, smothered in onion, pickle, mustard, celery salt, etc.
Give me a Zweigles or Hoffmans from upstate New York any day. Best hot dogs you can find. Red hot with mustard, onions and meat hot sauce. Rochester style and the best there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 AM

11,973 posts, read 27,633,886 times
I really like the New Haven stuff. Amazing pizza.

But the best pizza is from Naples (and not the one in Florida).

Old 01-02-2009, 08:06 AM

1,990 posts, read 6,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Phoenix has Pizzera Bianco. I was kind of disappointed with New Yorks pizza when i visited there, we went to a couple different spots and none of them were fantastic, just ok. But man when i live in chicago....couldn't get enough of that deep dish.
There are a lot of pizza stores in NYC that claim to be "NY style pizza" and trust me, it aint. It may just be a typical run of the mill pizza shop. For really good pizza, I tend to find Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn offer up some great pies.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:15 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,686,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
There are a lot of pizza stores in NYC that claim to be "NY style pizza" and trust me, it aint. It may just be a typical run of the mill pizza shop. For really good pizza, I tend to find Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn offer up some great pies.
you forgot about patsy's

Old 01-02-2009, 08:17 AM

3,677 posts, read 8,778,157 times
New Haven, CT is known for it's amazing pizza. For a city its size, it's vibrance in all areas of restaurant cuisine are pretty impressive.

Also, in Stamford, CT, there is Colony Pizza on the south end. They have an amazing Hot Oil Pizza!! Unbelievable with ice cold beer. Can't get much better.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 PM

692 posts, read 2,421,088 times
Temecula Pizza Co's the "White Lady"
Top shelf all the way - it's a thin crust with gorgonzola,
pear and pine nuts. I know it's not traditional - and I was
weened on Chicago pizza - but when something taste this good,
it's time to start new traditions. Having said that this pizza has been
around in Ca. for over 25 years but unfortunately have not seen it in
Il. or Wa.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:07 PM

56,672 posts, read 80,973,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB27 View Post
Give me a Zweigles or Hoffmans from upstate New York any day. Best hot dogs you can find. Red hot with mustard, onions and meat hot sauce. Rochester style and the best there is.
So true.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM

6 posts, read 12,022 times
Default CT pizza

I live in CA now but grew up in CT (New Haven county) and the pizza there is the best. Thin, chewy crust and oddly shaped at times. The pizza is so good that you don't need to pile it up with toppings.

Seek out the places with a limited menu. A good CT pizza place doesn't bother with lots of different appetizers, salads and other Italian entrees.

Oh I miss CT pizza.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:43 PM

42,663 posts, read 74,292,936 times
I always get a great pizza when I order one in an Ohio River town, between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. I look forward to getting one when I pass through that part of the country, and I'm never disappointed.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 PM

402 posts, read 760,614 times
Default Harrisburg

Not quite NY or New Haven, but Harrisburg has some very good pizza shops. Lea's in Linglestown is some of the best I've had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or