U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 09:26 PM

87,020 posts, read 102,689,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser_user View Post
Is it these days? I knew it use to be Casper, but I knew the two towns have flipped-flopped in the past.
Yes, I checked on city-data before I posted.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 02:44 AM

31 posts, read 92,758 times
Albany, NY- when I think of NY, I automatically think of Manhattan/
NYC/THE Big Apple.
Apparently my 10 yr. old did as well while studying state capitols
this year!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:04 PM

3,359 posts, read 10,919,127 times
Yeah, that Albany thing is a big bone of contention. Manhattan's great but it couldn't be a further anthesis from the whole rest of the entirety of the state. Two completely different worlds. Makes it hard to function in one government.

I remember a past governor whose re-election campaign ads showed him "in his office" with a view out his window of the Manhattan skyline. Needless to say, he didn't get my vote. I also had to laugh out loud when Hillary, who lives in the NYC burbs, came to the state fair (upstate) dressed in a bold red and white checked shirt. She looked like she was ready for a ho-down.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,638,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Yeah, that Albany thing is a big bone of contention. Manhattan's great but it couldn't be a further anthesis from the whole rest of the entirety of the state. Two completely different worlds. Makes it hard to function in one government.

I remember a past governor whose re-election campaign ads showed him "in his office" with a view out his window of the Manhattan skyline. Needless to say, he didn't get my vote. I also had to laugh out loud when Hillary, who lives in the NYC burbs, came to the state fair (upstate) dressed in a bold red and white checked shirt. She looked like she was ready for a ho-down.
H,mmm

NYC becomes the capital of NY. It all ready got the UN. Next Hillary dresses in red, becomes President and moves DC to NYC. Talk about World Government, that is scary.

I didn't know Hillary could do any kind of Ho stuff. I only remember seeing her once on the beach that time with Bill.

That what happens when people start wanting to over turn the policy I stated before. Keep state capitols as back water places, in smaller less important locations. Just because the worse really could happen if you allow it to get started.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 PM

248 posts, read 616,335 times
Portland should be the capital of Maine. However, Augusta is more centrally located for all those legislators coming to do their fiscal duties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or