U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,879,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
You're right. But you know what: People in Ft. Wayne aren't ignorant enough to make sweeping generalizations without the proof to even back it up.

Aren't you the same guy who tried desperately (and failed) to prove that Texas isn't culturally Southern?
Actually, it has been proven on many different threads about the diversity and culture of Houston. The OP is just a little overzealous about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 12:57 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,157,068 times
nevermind

Last edited by johnatl; 12-24-2008 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: posted in wrong thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 PM

14 posts, read 22,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
The ignorance of non southerners (read Northeast and West Coast) is so unattractive to us
Actually I am from Austin and found that the problem lies with Texans, not anybody else. I moved to college thinking TX was normal, now I realize how backwards it is, and it seems like a lot of people there have psychological issues.

Guess you can't read...moving on...

Old 12-24-2008, 12:59 PM

3,047 posts, read 8,141,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
LOL, this guy is so biased.
i don't even think bias is the word. the dictionary needs to come up with a new word for this guy.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:00 PM

2,248 posts, read 6,209,620 times
Quote:
Actually, it has been proven on many different threads about the diversity and culture of Houston. The OP is just a little overzealous about it
I'm not saying Houston isn't diverse because it is, but there are places larger and smaller that are both more diverse and cosmopolitan (of course, both terms depend on how one defines them). Not bashing, just stating the truth.

No one's trying to downplay Houston at all. I'm just sick of this little boy's ignorant threads.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:02 PM

2,898 posts, read 2,879,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfxfrontier View Post
Actually I am from Austin and found that the problem lies with Texans, not anybody else. I moved to college thinking TX was normal, now I realize how backwards it is, and it seems like a lot of people there have psychological issues.

Guess you can't read...moving on...
I don't know, I am from New York, born and raised and I find Texas (at least Houston and Coll Station where I went to school) to be just as cosmopolitan, cultured and diverse as anywhere else. If you go to small isolated places here you will find some of that "backwardness" that you speak of,(just like in any state) but not in large cities or places with high ranking universities

Old 12-24-2008, 01:03 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,157,068 times
Quote:
They are both more than Atlanta

LA and Houston are not the most diverse and cosmopolitan in America, but easily in the top 6, like it or not
Of course L.A. is more diverse and cosmo than Atlanta. The only place in the country that can compare to L.A. is the NYC metro.

As far as Houston goes, that's debatable.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:03 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,547,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
i don't even think bias is the word. the dictionary needs to come up with a new word for this guy.
Haha, I know. You and I can make up that word.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:04 PM

2,248 posts, read 6,209,620 times
And txguy, I saw your other thread about the "ignorance" of the Midwest. I'd expect nothing less of you, but let me just say this--nothing can be more ignorant than your pointing out the flaws of one area, while simultaneously suppressing the flaws of your own and embellishing its strengths, as if we're too stupid to figure it out ourselves and buy everything you say anyway. You've got way too much time on your hands, kid.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,455,793 times
Quote:
I don't know, I am from New York, born and raised and I find Texas (at least Houston and Coll Station where I went to school) to be just as cosmopolitan, cultured and diverse as anywhere else. If you go to small isolated places here you will find some of that "backwardness" that you speak of,(just like in any state) but not in large cities or places with high ranking universities
You lose all credibility right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.