Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 09:51 AM

129 posts, read 368,482 times

Advertisements

I am from Houston but Im gettin tired of my fellow houstonians starting threads that have NO purpose. Stop trying to shove Houston is the face of America...nobody NEEDS to know how awesome Houston is. When people do come down and here and get off the freeways they have nothing but nice things to say about H-town. 70% of the people on this forum have never been to Houston...in their imagination they think of us as wearing cowboy hats and doing the Texas two-step. This forum doesnt represent the view of America. People wouldnt be moving down here as fast they are if this place sucked..simple as that. In my honest opinion Houston is already up there with Chi, LA, NYC..no question for me. We just need to stop tryin to paint a picture of Houston like its a chicago or a nyc...we have a beautiful city...enjoy it. I've been here for a while but even Im in amazment sometimes when I drive up 288..our skyline is stunning. Sorry for the essay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 11:08 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLkid754 View Post
lol you are definitley on to something. Many people hear the words "diversity" or "Cosmopolitan" and than proceede to butcher the meaning of them. Diverse does not mean lack of white people and it doesn't even have to pertain to race to begin with. Besides racial diversity there is political diversity, cultural diversity, economic diversity, age diversity, gender diversity etc. Also I have determined that people have no idea what cosmopolitan means. Cosmopolitan does not mean nice. Cosmopolitan means wordly and that city has an international influence and is also influenced by other places around the world. NYC, London, and Tokyo are cosmopolitan, not Omaha, Ft. Worth, Fort Lauderdale, or any other city that no one besides Americans care about.
I'll just put it like this, on this forum cosmopolitan and diversity seem to be opinions on here. You can break down the definition as much as you want and point out all the qualities that your city has and show statistics proving your point but people will still think what they want.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:03 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,701,383 times
txguy....all you do is make threads about Houston....It aint worth the effort. I think its wonderful you love Houston but not everyone does so knock it off with the trolling.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
What really starts the problems is when uninformed posters tear down cities from the South making ignorant claims about them . The cities of Atlanta, Dallas and Houston are all ripped by these idiots who have never even been to them.

And we are at the same level as SF and not far from Chicago. Anyone who says otherwise is just being ignorant and has never been here.

I do agree that the OP is a little over the top though

I have been to them (cities you listed) and I dont care for them. Just because someone doesn't like a city doesn't mean they haven't been there. I ripped Houston a few times and I LIVED there. The biggest troll on the whole thread is the OP

Old 12-25-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldbfree007 View Post
I am from Houston but Im gettin tired of my fellow houstonians starting threads that have NO purpose. Stop trying to shove Houston is the face of America...nobody NEEDS to know how awesome Houston is. When people do come down and here and get off the freeways they have nothing but nice things to say about H-town. 70% of the people on this forum have never been to Houston...in their imagination they think of us as wearing cowboy hats and doing the Texas two-step. This forum doesnt represent the view of America. People wouldnt be moving down here as fast they are if this place sucked..simple as that. In my honest opinion Houston is already up there with Chi, LA, NYC..no question for me. We just need to stop tryin to paint a picture of Houston like its a chicago or a nyc...we have a beautiful city...enjoy it. I've been here for a while but even Im in amazment sometimes when I drive up 288..our skyline is stunning. Sorry for the essay.

Have you been to NY, Chicago, or LA? I have never been to LA but I assure you Houston is not in any way, shape or form on the level of NY or Chicago YET.

Old 12-25-2008, 07:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
SF is diverse
LA is mexican.
houston has recent massive AA ingestion.
unless the pattern changes houston charlotte atlanta will become
like memphis very soon.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
SF is diverse
LA is mexican.
like memphis very soon.
It has already been proven that Houston is actually more diverse than SF.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:45 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
SF is diverse
LA is mexican.
like memphis very soon.

And after while california is going to be in the ocean

Old 12-26-2008, 12:20 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,145,420 times
Yeah, some of these Houstonians really are getting whack! Please understand, it is only only this thread and the city speaks positively for itself.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,771,734 times
Houston is not cosmopolitan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.