U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:07 PM

4,570 posts, read 6,544,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
What wrong with eastern europe? I've been to Prague, it was amazing.
Don't forget about Warsaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 06:34 PM

8,002 posts, read 16,055,973 times
^or Moscow, St. Petersburg... Actually, there are about a TON of places in Eastern Europe I'd LOVE to go (I've mentioned Prague is number 1 on my top ten list of places to go).

I think I'd go just about anywhere if I weren't paying and someone said here's a ticket (this excludes active war zones, radioactive zones and the like).

As far as places in the US I have little interest in seeing, I'd go with Las Vegas (I like to party, but LV just seems... weird. I'd go if someone handed me tickets). There are three places that I've been that I don't want to go back to and they are Dallas, Houston and Phoenix. The people were nice, they weren't boring, per se, but the areas felt like giant suburbs. Chains everywhere... they really felt like they lacked any real individuality or character. The people in both cities were great and had personalities and way of living that really constituted the only thing that separates them from any other suburban area. If the people in those cities weren't as enjoyable as they were, I'd say we could rename both places to the "Doldrums." I'd only go back on business or if someone paid the way for me to go with them.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,405,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
New Orleans, Detroit
I'm typing this from New Orleans. French Quarter is very nice.

Anyway, I'm very interested in travel within the U.S., so outside of Jacksonville, Florida and little random racist towns, I'm open to everywhere.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:21 AM

8,901 posts, read 13,655,028 times
I never said pre-columbian historical sites in the US didn't exist or that I have NO interest in traveling the US. But you have to admit, they are few and far between compared almost anywhere else in the world.

I should also say that one of the reasons I have less interest in travelling the US is because I currently live in England and travelling the US would be very expensive and time consuming. On the other hand, being in England, I can take weekend trips to Europe and the Mediterranean with budget airlines. That doesn't mean my interest in travelling the US won't develop more when I move back there.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:08 AM

321 posts, read 1,019,522 times
At first I thought the title was: "List the places you wan't to go to"
So I read the post and thought to myself that everyone posting in this thread must have something wrong with their heads or they must have extremly bad taste...

Places I would never go to:

Russia
Yellow Knife (In the winter time)
New Jersey
Iraq
Afghanistan
Kasakhstan
Iran
India
Colombia
Somalia
Pakistan

There's more but can't think of them right now...

Old 12-29-2008, 06:40 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,360,151 times
any place that doesn't have a Walmart, and Walgreens!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 AM

3,326 posts, read 7,748,562 times
New Orleans, nor anywhere else in Lowsyana.
Florida
California
Texas
Arizona
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Arkansas

Old 12-29-2008, 07:22 AM

^wow, so you wouldn't want to go to The Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, and many other great places in those states?

To each their own I guess.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 AM

370 posts, read 915,268 times
People can't read the "in the US" of the first post apparently..

Anyway, I wouldnt want to live:
Gary
Flint
Detroit
Chicago (parts of it)
Compton
Camden

And finally, the worst of them all... Cleveland

Old 12-29-2008, 08:08 AM

I can just never get threads like this. I would love to travel to every place in the us, even if it is almost third world ghetto. That way, you would have a better understanding on the US and it's Citizens. I see travelling somewhere as a oppertunity to obtain knowledge I never would have had before.

People listing whole states can't be for real. Example, South Dakota. How could one really not want to visit the Badlands or the Black Hills? Their intellectual capacity to want to visit beautiful areas, or see amazing geology must really be very shallow. Some people are only happy in stripmalls in Wexford, PA though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or