U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 AM

3,326 posts, read 7,758,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
^wow, so you wouldn't want to go to The Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, and many other great places in those states?

To each their own I guess.
I've lived in three of those states, and have been to all of them. No, I don't care to go to any of those national parks, really. Life's too short. I'd rather see the rest of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 09:35 AM

1,125 posts, read 4,107,425 times
Texas.
Mississippi.
Texas.
Florida Panhandle.
Texas.
Indiana.
Texas.
Alabama.
Texas.
Oklahoma.
Texas.
Nebraska.
Texas.
Idaho.
Texas.
West Virginia.
Texas.
Arkansas.
Texas.

i can honestly say i have no interest in ever visiting these states.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,363,917 times
^have you ever been to Idaho? The beauty of the Rocky Mountains and one of America's most natural and beautiful states doesn't impress you enough to go visit it.......

Old 12-29-2008, 10:21 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,882,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
Texas.
Mississippi.
Texas.
Florida Panhandle.
Texas.
Indiana.
Texas.
Alabama.
Texas.
Oklahoma.
Texas.
Nebraska.
Texas.
Idaho.
Texas.
West Virginia.
Texas.
Arkansas.
Texas.

i can honestly say i have no interest in ever visiting these states.
Coming from someone who lives in the county of Rhode Island (is that dump of a state even worth capitalizing?) I will take that as a compliment. Does Providence even have a redeeming quality besides being an outlying suburb of Boston? Maybe the huge mob influence could be a good quality, or maybe the fact that no one cares about Providence would be a much admired quality. In any case, Providence is not only a place I would never want to be, it is no more relevant than an 8 track player from a 1978 pinto

Old 12-29-2008, 10:36 AM

2,486 posts, read 2,363,917 times
come on people. Seriously, threads like this should be locked before even recieving 5 ignorant comments. Just look at what it does. It makes people attack areas of the country (ones they never even been too and know nothing to judge) and than it forces others to attack regions to defend theirs.

I went to Providence for the first time last year for work. It was one of the most beautiful and underrated cities I have ever seen. Rhode Island is awesome too because it is right on the shoreline. I could live in Providence. You would get a great city in New England, and I think it is affordable too.

BTW, for those never wanting to go to Idaho, good! It leaves more silent, beatiful mountains for me and myself when I visit my brother in sun Valley. Most of you would only see the rockies and not be able to take in the natural beauty, and just ask where the Sprawlgreens was at.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM

8,037 posts, read 16,093,312 times
Providence may be close to Boston, but it's an urban city entirely on its own. It has Ivy League education institutions (Brown Univ.), World-Class design schools (RISD),top notch private colleges (Providence College), as well as one of the more renowned culinary institutes in the nation (Johnson and Wales). All this in a city of 179,000; but you're probably right... it's not relevant at all.

I has excellent architecture, a good proximity to some of the best coastline you can find, and one of the best (if not THE best) "Little Italy's" (Federal Hill) in the nation. Providence has better restaurants than many cities 3x it's size.

Houston may have industry and commerce, but it's a non-descript, sprawling suburb. Providence's violent crime rate is far less than Houston's (7.6 per 1000 in Prov. as opposed to 11.9 per 1000 in Houston- source: Moderator cut: link to a competitors site removed).

Listen I've spent time in Houston, I met some great people there... but to knock Providence's character is crazy. Anyone who's been to providence and enjoys something other than strip-mall shopping and chain dining would know that.

Last edited by Yac; 12-30-2008 at 03:51 AM..

Old 12-29-2008, 10:44 AM

8,117 posts, read 17,344,995 times
I can't think of any place, actually. My goal is to have visited and seen all 3141 counties in this great country before I die. I hope I succeed.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:53 AM

5,859 posts, read 14,065,159 times
To answer the question as it has been posed: No place! I've traveled extensively in 49 states and found interesting things in all of them. I would go back to ANY of them! Can't wait to further explore Houston, Detroit, Phoenix, Gary, Orlando, East St Louis, or any of the other places people bash on this board.

Yes, I have preferences, but I don't have to LIVE in a place to find it interesting and worthy of exploring.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:55 AM

15,849 posts, read 30,397,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
List the places that you would not want to go to.
Well, my first choice would be Colorado, since I have been there before and did not like it at all.

California is high on my list - at least Southern California.

I am not keen on cold weather so I would not be much interested in going to Wisconsin, Minnesota, New York (oh make that the entire NE). However, I have always wanted to go to Fishtown, Michigan, so I would not include that on the list, except maybe in the winter.

I would not want to go to Utah. I couldn't care less about Ohio, Indiana, or Illinois.

I can take or leave Washington or Oregon.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM

1,528 posts, read 5,718,415 times
I honestly would give anywhere a chance, and a 2nd and probably a 3rd and 4th chance if i hadn't liked it before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or