Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where have you been?
born, raised and live in one town. never even visited anywhere else 0 0%
born raised and live in same town, but visited many cities (not only for a few hours) 9 27.27%
born in one town, moved to another never visited anything else 0 0%
lived in many cities all over the states, really know the cities well 9 27.27%
moved alot and visited many cities 15 45.45%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 08:19 PM

312 posts, read 507,278 times

Advertisements

this is a poll about what you saw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
I've never lived in a city actually. Biggest town I've lived in was 1,000 people.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:24 PM

193 posts, read 482,026 times
I'm only 21 but have visited 35 of the 50 states (multiple cities in most states). I personally think it's quite a bit for my age! I have yet to do the northwest. The reason I've seen quite a few is because I followed my favorite band around for about 3 years- across parts of the country. We mostly did it just to roadtrip and get to see the us!

I've lived in the Hartford, CT area, Orlando, FL, and Waco, TX (for school), but am now looking for my final destination now- most likely south of CT.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Oh Lord

Lived:
Baltimore, Philadelphia, Richmond, Chicago, Atlanta, Fairbanks (does that count), New York.

Been to on business: Just about every large city in America.

Favorite Big City: Philadelphia
Favorite due to pride and beauty: Chicago
Worst due to terrible city leadership: Atlanta and Philadelphia after Rendell.
City with the most potential to be great: Atlanta.

Cities I could care less about visiting again:
Los Angeles
Houston
Reno
Miami

Old 01-01-2009, 08:31 PM

312 posts, read 507,278 times
Oh friggit I'm embarrassed to vote. no one is as boring as me

Old 01-01-2009, 08:52 PM

2,502 posts, read 8,920,873 times
I don't really know which option to choose....

I've technically lived in 4 places, but 2 of the cities were really close together in one region of the country, and the other two cities were also really close together in another region. So I can't really say that I've lived all over the country, but I have lived in more than one place.

As far as travel goes, I've seen a lot of places, but many of them were when I was younger. My recent travels have been limited.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:00 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,210,581 times
Outside of living in Boston for a few months for college, I've lived in the Philly suburbs for my whole life. I've been to slightly over half of the U.S. and probably really seen around 8-10 states.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM

321 posts, read 1,097,194 times
Actually I was born in the US.
Raised in Sweden though.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:04 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
I'll start with my favorites first. (loved)

NYC--been there over a 100 times. Live in upstate growing up not far from there.
Chicago--great city
Los Angeles--I liked it. Don't listen to the haters on here, it definately wasn't as bad as many make it out. Nice mountainous backgrounds as well.

Liked a lot:

Philly, Washington D.C., Daytona Beach, Miami, Denver, Telluride, Aspen, Virginia Beach, Portland Me, Jersey Shore, ATlantic city, Las Vegas, Boston, Providence

Liked:

Baltimore, Richmond, Norfolk, Cincinnati,

Lived in:

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Glendale Ca(suburb of LA, well sort of), Virginia Beach, Daytona beach, Rochester

Been there, didn't like:

Jacksonville--ugliest big city, Cleveland, Alexandria Virgina, Bridgeport, Columbus, Syracuse, Memphis, Knoxville

Been to at least once, everything already mentioned as well as:

Jamestown, Niagara falls, Harrisburg, Allentown, Reading, Boston, Providence, Boulder, Omaha, Lincoln, Olympia, Gary, Scranton, Patterson, Hartford, Manchester, Concord, Burlington, Bennington, Portsmouth, Binghamton, Elmira, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco (just drove by)Salt lake city, Indianapolis, Toledo, New port news, Tide water, Chester, Milwaukee, I could probably list a page worth of cities ive been to but this is enough for now. I guess I've been all over, Never been to any city in Texas. I have not been to Texas, ND, Minnesotta, Arkansas, Lousiana, Hawaii, ..Thats it.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:05 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
an option for me isn't there. i grew up and lived in the same city ~25 yrs, and am still in the same state, but have traveled all over the US and stayed in multiple cities for weeks/months at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.