U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 04:07 PM

3,596 posts, read 7,717,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeville View Post
LINative... ah, no fair! You're a New Yorker...

I've shown that same pic to people and they swear it's somewhere out West.
It's wasted real estate. There could be condos on those hills. Condos, bistros and some holes dug in the hills for artists' colonies.

Just my two cents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,995,333 times
New York is not New England, for starters.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM

15,470 posts, read 25,479,342 times
Quote:

Yeah it does look like somewhere out west, the only reason I thought it might be on the east coast is the b/c of the forest and the way it looks. It's a deciduous forest and lot denser and more lush than western coniferous forests; the type of trees kind of give it away for me. Great pic btw, you don't see too many pics like that of NY state.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,236,383 times
1. California(Has everything except a tropical feeling)-i have to go to Hawaii for that Feeling but only in winter can't handle tropical weather in summer.
2. Ny or Tx(Close call can't decide)
3. Oregon or Washington( Another tough one for me)-These states have everything in common.Mtns,Lakes,1 Big city in each state,Beaches,Rains there a lot,,cascades ranges,Earthquake danger zones.

Last edited by californialove24; 01-05-2009 at 04:26 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM

7,152 posts, read 9,939,119 times
Quote:

It does look western and it is. Western NY! lol

Actually I never heard of Letchworth Gorge until a year or so ago when I was on some website about waterfalls. That river has SIX decent waterfalls - 3 of them in the city of Rochester.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 PM

7,152 posts, read 9,939,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
1. California(Has everything except a tropical feeling)
2. Ny or Tx(Close call can't decide)
3. Oregon or Washington( Another tough one for me)
There ya go.

Old 01-05-2009, 04:28 PM

12,284 posts, read 31,813,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I've already stated WA is a very beautiful state, but many people would agree with me that it dosen't have more variety than TX.
I believe you said "It just all seems the same to me. dull and depressing atmosphere". Where have you been in WA?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,736,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I believe you said "It just all seems the same to me. dull and depressing atmosphere". Where have you been in WA?
The only place I've been to is Tacoma with my dad. However, this was about 10 years ago.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 PM

1,992 posts, read 6,041,331 times
Tacoma probably was one of the most economically depressed cities in this state a decade ago. Also, it's one of the only cities in this state afflicted with gritty urban blight. Possibly your dad was stationed at Ft. Lewis, which is a sketchy area of the Seattle metro. Seattle is waaaaay different than Tacoma.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 PM

5,861 posts, read 14,075,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Not sure why it would need to be more diverse....most of the state is not grass land and semi arid plains. WA dosen't even belong in the top 5. You people misunderstand the whole meaning of this thread. It is basically asking which state holds the most cultures. WA does not have a sizeable Black population or Mexican population. It does boast a large Asian population, but that's it. Your thinking only of landscape, but its more than just that. TX has a mini Spain (San Antonio). A little bit of New Orleans (Galveston), Mexico (South Texas), West,TX is known for it's Czech descents and has cool little stores and a themed Czech hotel, you've got small historic towns which offer different types of atmospheres and activities,etc.

You just won't get these things in WA.
It's asking which state has the "most cultures?? Scroll to the top of the page and read the title of this thread. "Places" and "cultures" are 2 very different things! The OP asked about the former, not the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or