U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM

18,652 posts, read 27,087,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
If it looks like a duck.....
Come on. I know you heard that saying before.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:08 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,701,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Come on. I know you heard that saying before.
maybe........maybe not.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,776,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No, I notice it, too...how could one not?...it's relentless! And I challenge any of you Aggies to find a post where I have denigrated TX or its' cities; on the contrary, I have thoroughly enjoyed my times there. And yes, if there's any part of the country that I have been critical of it's south FL...but at least my opinions are grounded in the fact that I actually lived there for 7 years...unlike the armchair critics on here that have so much to say based on so little knowledge and personal experience.
I was born in south FLA, and then I moved to texas but, I currenlty reside in NC, so I have a little experience myself. And also I didnt say YOU personally attacked these places im saying other random people I have heard on these forums. And also, why do people on this forum love to attack SO FLA so much. I understand there is ALOOT it NEEDS to work on, but other than that I know literally hundreds of people (and there not senior citizens or hispanics) that are living quite good and enjoy SOFLA very much, but thats for another thread. But the point I was trying to say is that why is it that Texans are the only ones that get called out for there pride BUT, I have seen Northerners do the EXACT SAME THING. And the worse part is that They've done it to ATL numerous times, but they never get called out nearly as much as Texans. Why?

Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM

I understand there have been Texans attacking ATL on these forums. But what makes that any different from a NY'ER attackin a Bostonian?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:34 AM

18,652 posts, read 27,087,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
maybe........maybe not.
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.......??

Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,701,367 times
Quote:
nope sorry I still don't know

Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM

756 posts, read 1,697,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm fairly new to this forum, but I bet this has been said many time before -- forgive me for repeating it if I am. People don't like Texas because many Texans are arrogant jerks. I know that's a stereotype, and I've met some nice, humble Texans. But far too many of them are loudmouth louts who go on and on about how Texas is the absolute best plot of soil this side of heaven. Well, I've been to Texas. Not all of it, but parts of it. It's not all that.
I've had a conversation about this with many of my well travelled friends. Here is our general analysis of the loudmouth arrogant Texan encountered on what would otherwise be a great trip.

There is no state income tax in Texas. Wages are generally pretty good and the cost of living is cheap. This means that many middle class and in some cases lower classes of Texans can afford to travel to your favorite places.

Same logic works with why we mainly (not always) see intelligent folks from California in London or Paris. It's pretty expensive in CA and disposable income is lower. So their lower or middle classes are unable to travel as much.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM

756 posts, read 1,697,107 times
Quote:
Then it's a duck hunter, duh!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 01:28 PM

Can anybody awnser my question?

Old 01-07-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
If your going to make something up at least think about it first before you post. Most New Yorkers collectively love what is on the other side. It is called New England.
See what I mean. Werent you just offended by that statement. If you were from Texas everybody would have jumped on you like a starving man on a christmas ham. They would have criticized you on how "Texans cant take a joke" and talked about the "egotistical Texan" even though you werent being egotistical. Im not saying you were wrong in getting mad, (you have every right to) im just comparing and contrasting between when a New Yorker and Texan get angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or