Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have problem with Californians moving into your area?
YES 22 25.29%
NO 65 74.71%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 07:24 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times

Advertisements

^I find it unlikely that the majority of illegals have the type of mindset that's required to be engaged in the sort of behavior that you described in your prior post.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 05-03-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 08:12 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,336,173 times
No, they do. They act just like citizens of the US and even want government rights......they're not citizens...

Old 05-03-2009, 10:37 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
The reason Illinois has become more Democratic is because of the amount of people coming from more liberal New York and Los Angeles since the late 1980's.
Umm don't most Illinoisians live in Chicagoland? That is a big city and metro, right? The 5,000,000 in the city and inner-ring suburbs also the reason that it is a blue state.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:20 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
I have no problems with any Californians moving into my area, and I can't understand why anyone would.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
It is always a problem to the people being displaced either it be more poor people are moving in, or more rich people are moving in and displacing them. My brother lives in a small town south of Sun Valley, Idaho. It is a very rich area. People who own houses there include Bruce Willis, Bill Gates, Dick Cheney, Demi More, and the list goes on and on. His problem is more and more Californians keep coming in and pricing them lower down in the valley. Pretty soon his choices are going to be live in Twin Falls a few hours away, or move and find a job elsewhere.
If your brother lives in a rich area, wouldn't he be rich? And if he was rich, how can he "forced" to move down lower in the valley~ with those other pesky poor people!?

I had to laugh at the post of "they open pottery shops" OMG! A pottery shop in our quaint little town! Get a grip and listen to yourself!

The truth is most CA people came from other states and if they want to sell due to overcrowding, crime, traffic, and illegals, that is their perogative.

Not all CA people are tanned and toned, or have conspiracy plans of changing your little town into a liberal oasis. LOL.

We have a neighbor who actually listed her property at 3X the value because she wanted to see if a CA person would buy it. And she lives in a trailer. Idiot. Of course no one touched it.

Here in Oklahoma, we have a number of people who left CA at the right time and sold their house for $500K and with that money were able to relocate comfortably. I don't have a problem with it, because most had roots here to begin with and they are not the liberal, mcrancher boogey men some make them out to be.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,982,826 times
Why would anyone have a problem with someone from Cali moving to their area? This is the kind of thing that stops societies from growing.. keeping people out, lol.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:09 AM

389 posts, read 1,095,430 times
I have lots of problems with them. Just yesterday I had to hose-off a Californian that wouldn't stop hugging the tree out front. Also, one keeps toking up in front of me, but refuses to share. And don't get more started on the Californian who brings her dog for a walk everyday by pushing it in a stroller while wearing stilettos.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:54 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
I have lots of problems with them. Just yesterday I had to hose-off a Californian that wouldn't stop hugging the tree out front. Also, one keeps toking up in front of me, but refuses to share. And don't get more started on the Californian who brings her dog for a walk everyday by pushing it in a stroller while wearing stilettos.
You can't just stereotype Californians like that. We had a few move into the neighborhood, and one of them kept trying to show everyone his made-for-TV-movie screenplay and asking us to do a pilot, but otherwise he was harmless. And another one kept insisting on getting a fish taco at Taco Bell even though they don't have them, but the manager called the cops and he took off without hurting anyone.

Plus there's a Californian family down the street, and other than how they look and talk, they're just like regular people, they have kids and jobs and just want to live in peace and eat their weird food and stuff. But they're mostly like normal people. So you can't judge a book by its cover. I mean, I wouldn't want one of them dating my daughter, but they're fine if they just keep to themselves.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:49 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
You can't just stereotype Californians like that. We had a few move into the neighborhood, and one of them kept trying to show everyone his made-for-TV-movie screenplay and asking us to do a pilot, but otherwise he was harmless. And another one kept insisting on getting a fish taco at Taco Bell even though they don't have them, but the manager called the cops and he took off without hurting anyone.

Plus there's a Californian family down the street, and other than how they look and talk, they're just like regular people, they have kids and jobs and just want to live in peace and eat their weird food and stuff. But they're mostly like normal people. So you can't judge a book by its cover. I mean, I wouldn't want one of them dating my daughter, but they're fine if they just keep to themselves.
You say that until they bring the property values... er... up.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:28 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
You say that until they bring the property values... er... up.
I think most of the dissenters in this thread have no idea what actually happens to an area when Californians come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.