Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,397 times

Advertisements

Ok so i screwed up because i moved to Pittsburgh, pa and from there i stayed in Latrobe,pa because Job Corps didn't work out too well..... and i really did a Stupid thing and came back to California.... any ways now im really Desperate to get the hell out and stay out of california forever!!!!

So in a Last Stand...im asking for all the Advice and help anything you guys out there can help me out with...i'll take all the advice.... Except for advice with Joining the Military!!!! I've already passionately Do not ever want to ever Join the Military EVER!!!

Ok with that said...does anyone Know anything about where i can find a possible Guaranteed Job... or at least almost guaranteed... i'll work any type of work, i'll live anywhere... i'll move anywhere.... seriously... and if anyone can help me out with this... and not just Jobs either...i just want to get the hell out of California first and foremost and will do anything to achieve that.. I know i sound crazy and Desperate but seriously...i just need a chance ...some kind of opportunity... even some random odd jobs..i'll work for... i don't even care... i just want to do something with my life..

and please don't Block this thread...if your annoyed then don't read it..please.. im just asking for some help here... if anyone is willing to help me out... please write me back personally... or if you have suggestions for me please definitely leave a post.

I don't know what i can do to get whoever to believe me but im willing to work for anything or do anything to get some kind of possible future going... Please if you have suggestions leave a post or if you have help you can give me or advise me with write me back personally...

Thanks Everyone God Bless

Old 01-07-2009, 04:48 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,826,998 times
Well, there's really nothing here to work on. You say you'll do anything. Does that include fast food? Retail? If that's the case probably any major city you could find some kind of job in.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:50 PM

559 posts, read 1,757,332 times
i dont have a job for you but seriously consider oklahoma city, look it up. go see whats going on over on that city's threads. ask the people over there. people are still making money here and and you want spend a months pay on rent.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:56 PM

382 posts, read 954,227 times
I am always amazed at people who are looking for a "guaranteed" anything. There is no such thing as guaranteed in a job or anything else. I think there is more to your story than you are telling here, and I am not sure you are really serious, but if you will do anything as you state, then, you can go anywhere and find something to do. Now, I don't mean to sound flippant with my comments but you need to stop looking for that guarantee and just start doing something. Opportunies are everywhere if you stop and look for them. Since you are so low on the employment scale and willing to do anything, there are plenty of places for a starter job.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM

well yes... i mean any job is a job..i'll do.. you know..lol.. im just really desperate to get out of cali... and i just left Pittsburgh,pa... or actually i was in Latrobe,pa.. but i left some really good friends i made in a month being there i left them behind ... i feel terrible about just leaving and i have nothing here in california.. It's just a dead end here.. it just doesn't help because i have no money at all to my name... That's why im writing that thread in Desperation... im fricken Desperate but im trying to somehow have a good attitude about it.....

I mean honestly i wish i could just ask some one to put me up for a while.. just so maybe then i find promise and actually a promising future somewhere else.....

Unfortunately... that's probably never gonna happen.... i mean who's gonna trust someone they don't even know.... i mean i wish i had a chance just to move to move somewhere else again... it's a long shot though...

I'll have to find a way for some one to earn my trust somehow....if that's even realistic..... lol..

thanks for the advice though... STL Cards blues 1989

Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM

125 posts, read 435,358 times
Temp jobs? There are a lot of Temp agencies all over the country in large, medium-sized, whatever cities. They have a variety of job types to fill: semi-skilled or not. I'm not sure you would be able to find many retail jobs these days though.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:12 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,525 times
why not just drive to any city that sounds exciting and rent a motel room and start applying for local jobs?
do you have enough money to survive or how are you surviving now?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
why not just drive to any city that sounds exciting and rent a motel room and start applying for local jobs?
do you have enough money to survive or how are you surviving now?

I don't have a car...and i have absolutely no money at all..... that's why im really Desperate....about all this.. im surviving at my friends house...which is not really my friends house anymore... because he's not really even my friend... it's just a mad house at this place im staying at and im really beyond desperate to get out of here.... i hardly get any sleep .. it's really crazy the situation im in right now... thanks for the advice though..

i honestly really just need a place to live mostly... to be truthfully honest..but then again...who would put up a complete stranger.. you know..lol.... i dunno im trying to be as positive about it as i can be....

Old 01-07-2009, 06:27 PM

193 posts, read 481,896 times
I suggest OKC and Tulsa too as well Many jobs, cheap apartments and cost of living, very liveable temperatures and climate, and great people. I would just move there, stay in a long term hotel, apply for jobs, and get started. Do you have any friends to briefly stay with and could you move to their cities? If you'll do anything, you're bound to find a job unless you have a serious criminal record.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
Head to the Southeast, Texas, and Oklahoma. The economies remain relatively healthy compared to the rest of the country, and are better poised for future growth after this crunch goes away in about a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.