U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City where you feel there is an inferiority complex?
NYC 25 8.74%
LA 23 8.04%
CHICAGO 80 27.97%
HOUSTON 84 29.37%
ATLANTA 61 21.33%
PHILLIE 44 15.38%
DETROIT 40 13.99%
DALLAS-FORTWORTH 41 14.34%
BAY AREA (San francisco, Oakland, San Jose), CA 16 5.59%
MILWAUKEE 40 13.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 PM

2,026 posts, read 3,677,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Where's Austin??? If you criticize Austin; Austinites go crazy.
Haha! No I would say Austin has superiority complex and thinks it's the best city in Texas. San Antonio feels it has to compete with Houston and Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 05:31 PM

3,625 posts, read 7,176,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Regal Beagle View Post
I had to get an account just to vote against the midwest cities. I threw Houston in there too.
Chicago is the what some people would call "the loudest guy in the room" Remember that from the movie the Bronx Tale? ""The loudest guy in the room is usually the weakest" (or feels most insecure)
Dallas is another loudmouth city. I will go back and vote for them too. Chicago claims to have these quote suburbs all over the United States. Scottsdale Arizona. St Louis. Milwaukee. Indianapolis. Funny then why are they not in Chicago?
and this ladies and gentlemen is an example of why people hate chicagoans on this board. We are constantly defending ourselves against posters like this and in return we are labled as "defensive" and "LOUD MOUTH". yall seem to forget the large amount of trolls we get .

Real Talk i think chicago got like 20 trolls that have been thru here, lol.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:55 PM

15,989 posts, read 30,701,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Haha! No I would say Austin has superiority complex and thinks it's the best city in Texas. San Antonio feels it has to compete with Houston and Dallas.
Oh, I know. It's just that what I've collected from this board is that inferior = defensive.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:41 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,401,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
and this ladies and gentlemen is an example of why people hate chicagoans on this board. We are constantly defending ourselves against posters like this and in return we are labled as "defensive" and "LOUD MOUTH". yall seem to forget the large amount of trolls we get .

Real Talk i think chicago got like 20 trolls that have been thru here, lol.
Yeah. There definitely have been people making accounts just to vote against Chicago for this thread alone because you can see the number change.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM

3,625 posts, read 7,176,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Yeah. There definitely have been people making accounts just to vote against Chicago for this thread alone because you can see the number change.
what?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:49 AM

33 posts, read 25,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Could be. I think people should take these forums with about a pound of salt don't you? It seems like just a haven for adult infants who simply try and manipulate facts or information about thier own home city and think theirs is the best with an arrogant disregard for the history and uniquness of all other places in America. LOL this vote padding could also be done for any city in the poll. So your paranoia only feeds into the inferiority complex theories of others. There has long been this claim of a Chicago inferiority complex and I've even now read about it in the Chicago Tribune when the Olympic bid was going on. Never heard of one in Houston, I guess I will have to ask some relatives who live there.
I tend to think that more of the votes (one person?) against Houston are repeats. Look at the heated discissions going on that deny Houston a even being a "city" Someone has a Houston grudge.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:49 PM

672 posts, read 1,551,319 times
My city Inferiority complex rankings:

Tier I
Chicago and Houston

Tier II
Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detriot, Dallas, and Milwaukee

Old 12-06-2009, 02:31 PM

8 posts, read 12,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
My city Inferiority complex rankings:

Tier I
Chicago and Houston

Tier II
Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detriot, Dallas, and Milwaukee

I don't think Milwaukee has one. The only people who say that are in the Chicago camp or trolls. Isn't that surprising?
The overwhelming majority of people who live in Milwaukee prefer a Milwaukee type city over a Chicago/New York/L.A type city anyday. The great part is that Chicago is only 1 1/2 hours down the road if you need it for certain concerts or a higher variety of shopping. Milwaukee pretty much has everything else you'd need. Atlanta doesnt strike me as having one either. I know so many people from atlanta and they love it there and would never move.

Last edited by Macho Man 03; 12-06-2009 at 03:18 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 06:04 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,759,027 times
Translation of this thread:

Party A bashes party B's city with lies and untrue stereotypes

Party B calls out party A and exposes him/her

Party A cries out "ohhh you have an inferiority complex"

Party B says that they are only trying to correct misinformation to which....

Party A says that you have an even bigger inferiority complex ( for not agreeing in the first place that they are inferior based on a lie in the first place)

Pathetic

Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,701,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Translation of this thread:

Party A bashes party B's city with lies and untrue stereotypes

Party B calls out party A and exposes him/her

Party A cries out "ohhh you have an inferiority complex"

Party B says that they are only trying to correct misinformation to which....

Party A says that you have an even bigger inferiority complex ( for not agreeing in the first place that they are inferior based on a lie in the first place)

Pathetic
I think people on here don't understand the definition of inferior because if they did; Houston nor Chicago would be winning this poll. Both cities have a strong reputation for being laid-back and relaxed.

If I had to pick cities; it would be Dallas and Atlanta. Miami maybe also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or