U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:29 AM

7,138 posts, read 9,915,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
This is too easy.
Hehe I got you when you said that they don't have a LST warship!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 AM

3,111 posts, read 4,560,110 times
IMHO TX_AGGIE13 has the most credible list on this thread for ONE reason: He gave us reasons that pertain to him, and he owns it for himself. How on earth can anyone answer this question for the rest of the world? What constitutes more livable? The best? For whom? For what age group? For what industry? For what types of hobbies and jobs? To fill what educational needs?

We all have different tastes and needs, and that's a real good thing: otherwise ten cities would have the entire US population and all the other towns would be empty! Do a search on 'best places to live' and you'll find several websites that ask you lots of questions to help you determine what is best for you.

I did one of those, and it turned out I had already lived in 4 of my top 10 places! I've been to all the states but Alaska, and traveled to 6 countries. I've lived in 5 states and 26 homes since I was born. Everywhere I've gone, I've found things to like, and things that made me crazy.

If you're thinking about moving, make a list of your "must haves", your "negotiables", your "nice to haves", and your "no ways." Once you know that, you can add and subtract places based on your criteria.

In the end, it more'n' likely comes down to finding people of like mind who you can be comfortable hangin' out with. Your list will help you figure that out too.

Good luck! And remember, if you move somewhere and you don't like it, you can always move again. it's a hassle, but it's do-able!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:20 PM

8 posts, read 18,691 times
What are your top 10 college towns? I have a lot of choices for colleges and am hoping that one of my choices coincides with somebody's List.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:28 PM

718 posts, read 2,118,147 times
Ive never been to any of those cities, so I wouldnt know. There are many small city, heartland centric people in America that live for Walmart and sitting on a rocking chair in a cornfield. If this guy is not joking he could be one of those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
^ I could be wrong but I think it's a joke- he has Evansville, IN on the list

Old 01-14-2009, 04:41 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,227,424 times
Can someone please give me some reputation. If you do, i'll give some to you in return.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 PM

327 posts, read 948,709 times
1.New York City
2.Detroit
3.Minneapolis
4.New Brunswick, NJ
5.Washington DC
6.Portland, MA
7.Philly
8.Jersey City, NJ
9.San Francisco
10.Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or