U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 06:19 AM

139 posts, read 587,353 times

Advertisements

I was hoping to find a place that welcomes gays/lesbians/bi-sexuals/atheist/catholics/buddhists/muslims/no taxes/low crime/great weather/high paying jobs/no traffic/low housing costs/great downtown area/professional sports franchises/great schools/beautiful single women.

Any suggestions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 AM

989 posts, read 5,421,828 times
no taxes????
-Welcome to Earth. Planet Tax-central.

anyways.. Santa Cruz, Calif., Sacramento, Calif., and Tucson, AZ.. come to mind..

Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 AM

5,019 posts, read 12,742,660 times
Quote:
Any suggestions....
http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...ome-posts.html

Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 AM

9,362 posts, read 22,803,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Totally LOL!!!! I am assuming this thread was tongue in cheek. (hoping!)

Old 03-07-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
Totally LOL!!!! I am assuming this thread was tongue in cheek. (hoping!)
It is. Was just having a little fun. Granted we are all looking for a better place to live for ourselves and for some people, their children.

The place I asked about doesn't exist. It just seems that after reading many of these posts, that's what we are looking for. I guess I'll have to settle for "low" taxes as opposed to "no" taxes.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,675,381 times
Kirby! Stop it! lol

*teensy whisper* if you find it PM me

Old 03-07-2007, 12:23 PM

1,075 posts, read 3,246,058 times
You may want to get together with a fella named nah(need affordable home), are you familiar with oil city . (sorry nah but couldn't pass it up)

the only other alternative i can think of would be a small group of complexes one on the west coast & one in the south, all the residents are the nicest people you would ever want to meet, no crime, great weather, everyone is treated equal, no tax, some even live in castles, heck they even throw large partys, several dress in costumes, a large variety of foods always available, even fireworks are legal, everyone has a smile on there face.

you may want to check that out guys name that started the whole thing is Walt.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:28 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,622,568 times
Ok, we need:

gays/lesbians/bi-sexuals/atheist/catholics/buddhists/muslims/no taxes/low crime/great weather/high paying jobs/no traffic/low housing costs/great downtown area/professional sports franchises/great schools/beautiful single women.

Well Boston might do.

Maybe got to throw out a few of the more minor requests.

welcomes gays/lesbians/bi-sexuals/atheist/ ...... Yup check that one

catholics/buddhists/muslims/ ........ Yup check that one ..... Some of the priests might even have a young boy by the hand.

no taxes/low crime/great weather/ ........ Nope, sorry dud on those.

high paying jobs/ ........ Yup, good to go in some jobs

no traffic/low housing costs/ ......... Nope, sorry nother dud

great downtown area/ ....... Define Great, big glass boxes, we were already over this territory in another thread.

professional sports franchises/........ Yup, jist the Celtics are always on vacation

great schools/........ Yup, lots of schools

beautiful single women......... Yup, lots of girls, beautiful and lots that is a different story

Not bad, we got 66%. Ok, you can move to Boston and freeze your tail off while sitting in one of the larger parking lots in the World driving home to a house you can not afford if you want too.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:52 AM

Cosmic. Well thought out. 66% hmmmm. What would life be like as a Mets fan in the heart of Red Sawx Nation?

I'm currently in CT and love visiting Boston. Key word "visiting".

Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM

3,020 posts, read 23,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyJRT View Post
Cosmic. Well thought out. 66% hmmmm. What would life be like as a Mets fan in the heart of Red Sawx Nation?

I'm currently in CT and love visiting Boston. Key word "visiting".
Yeah, just keep it at the "Visiting" level and things should go pretty smooth. Mets fan keep it quiet. Not to worry Red Sawx Nation will screw it up, they always do. Watch for the barf outside Fenway park. Streets can be like a mine field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or