U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: If you had to move to the South where would you move?
Charlotte 20 14.39%
Virginia Beach 13 9.35%
Atlanta 10 7.19%
Jacksonville 3 2.16%
Tampa 4 2.88%
Orlando 1 0.72%
Miami 17 12.23%
Nashville 15 10.79%
Memphis 3 2.16%
New Orleans 4 2.88%
Dallas 10 7.19%
Houston 16 11.51%
San Antonio 4 2.88%
Austin 19 13.67%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46028

Advertisements

[quote=TexasReb;6938302][quote=ainulinale;6938140]Well considering I'm a Physics major with an IQ that is 4 standard deviations above the average, perhaps it should.
Quote:

A physics major? A real live one? With an IQ FOUR standard deviations above the average? Not just three, but FOUR? Lord a mercy! If I had known THAT, I would have NEVER presumed to dispute your word on anything at all. My my. And to think I thought I was just dealing with human being who actually puts his pants on one leg at a time...

*yawns* So tell me which part says "Southerners need not apply?" Maybe I missed something. But then again, I don't have an IQ which (drum roll, please) is a -- by gawd -- four standard deviations above the average.

SNORT. "Four standard deviations above the average." As I've learned to say in the South, "Well, shut my mouth."

 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,565,683 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You're not being attacked. I'm just pointing out that bluntness isn't really the admirable quality you think it is. And, given that this thread is about the South, and the corollary issue of the importance of politeness in the South, it's totally germane.
Right. This isn't a personal attack: "It's meant to be self dignifying on your part, but it's really nothing more than giving yourself license to say whatever crosses your mind regardless of how it will affect others--in short an utterly self-centered view of the universe."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
For somebody who seems eager to tell everybody his IQ is a couple of notches above that of a rhesus monkey, surely you can follow the logic of it. What's more, for somebody who values bluntness, you sure have a thin skin.
Perhaps you should look up the word "eager" in the dictionary (or look through my posts) because this post makes my 1,437th, and that is the first I've mentioned it. BTW, I assume you're simply jealous since 4 standard deviations is higher than 99.99% of those alive...this probably makes you a rhesus monkey.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,565,683 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
A physics major? A real live one? With an IQ FOUR standard deviations above the average? Not just three, but FOUR? Lord a mercy! If I had known THAT, I would have NEVER presumed to dispute your word on anything at all. My my. And to think I thought I was just dealing with human being who actually puts his pants on one leg at a time...
Very clever. Taking my words out of context. Talk about irrational. You made a personal attack, I responded, simple as that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
*yawns* So tell me which part says "Southerners need not apply?" Maybe I missed something. But then again, I don't have an IQ which (drum roll, please) is a -- by gawd -- four standard deviations above the average.
I can see that, you don't need to tell me.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Right. This isn't a personal attack: "It's meant to be self dignifying on your part, but it's really nothing more than giving yourself license to say whatever crosses your mind regardless of how it will affect others--in short an utterly self-centered view of the universe."



Perhaps you should look up the word "eager" in the dictionary (or look through my posts) because this post makes my 1,437th, and that is the first I've mentioned it.
LOL...No, no. That's just definition of character. One can say that about anybody who loves to talk about their bluntness in that way.

And just because you've waited 1,437 posts, doesn't mean you haven't been spoiling to reveal it, Mr. Fourth Deviation. I'm surprised the GPA wasn't thrown in, too. Hahahahaah.

Man, are you sure you shouldn't be making it over into the Relationships forum? All you have to do is stroll in there and brag about your Fourth Deviation Intelligence, and the girls will be swooning over you and your slide rule.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,565,683 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
LOL...No, no. That's just definition of character. One can say that about anybody who loves to talk about their bluntness in that way.
LOL. I call that presumptuous libel.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
LOL. I call that presumptuous libel.
Heck, it's not libel if it's the truth.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,565,683 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Heck, it's not libel if it's the truth.
Hence the reason it's libel.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:28 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Hence the reason it's libel.
LOL...Well, given that my post is subjective and based on my opinion and interpretation of said behavior, and not on established, objective fact, then it cannot be a contradiction of established truth. For libel has to be false, and my believe in motivation is probably quite accurate.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
2,237 posts, read 6,565,683 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

Man, are you sure you shouldn't be making it over into the Relationships forum? All you have to do is stroll in there and brag about your Fourth Deviation Intelligence, and the girls will be swooning over you and your slide rule.
Boasting vs. Defending

I really trust that you can see the difference.
 
Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 PM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,723,251 times
Reputation: 46028
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Boasting vs. Defending

I really trust that you can see the difference.
If you're really needing to bring up the Fourth Deviation, then you're just not very skilled at defending yourself.

Thanks for playing. Dinner reservations await.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top