Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had to move to the South where would you move?
Charlotte 20 14.39%
Virginia Beach 13 9.35%
Atlanta 10 7.19%
Jacksonville 3 2.16%
Tampa 4 2.88%
Orlando 1 0.72%
Miami 17 12.23%
Nashville 15 10.79%
Memphis 3 2.16%
New Orleans 4 2.88%
Dallas 10 7.19%
Houston 16 11.51%
San Antonio 4 2.88%
Austin 19 13.67%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:23 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
I'll quit
Please do.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM

611 posts, read 1,458,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Only if you use them correctly.
Where do we keep track?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Please do.
Somebody needs a hug!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:26 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,286,008 times
Quote:
Please do.
Oh, but I LIKE YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Somebody needs a hug!!!
LOL, for freakin real!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:30 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
I'll certainly back track for you since you are unwilling. I said this:

"I'm not quite sure what you're talking about."

You responded with:

"That doesn't surprise me at all. " (a clear insult)
Not sure how you come by this conclusion...but perhaps you are just an overly sensitive individual.

Quote:
I responded with:

"Well considering I'm a Physics major with an IQ that is 4 standard deviations above the average, perhaps it should."
Not withstanding what a person might question as to the relevancy of your real or percieved IQ ala' the topic....

Quote:
You responded with:

"A physics major? A real live one? With an IQ FOUR standard deviations above the average? Not just three, but FOUR? Lord a mercy! If I had known THAT, I would have NEVER presumed to dispute your word on anything at all. My my. And to think I thought I was just dealing with human being who actually puts his pants on one leg at a time..."

Now, the most rational exegesis of my response is this: apparently ainulinale has taken offense at my insult and is defending his intellectual abilities by citing a reasonable source for defining such capacities.
Well said. Only TWO problems with this reasoning. The first is that no insult was ever offered. The second is that this "intellectual ability" thingy came out of the blue. And anyone who cares to read back over the thread can see it for themselves.

I mean, c'mon. NO one comes up with something like "I have an IQ four standard deviations above...." without being one totally self-absorbed and convinced of their own intelletual and moral superiority. Personally, I'd be embarrased to say something like that. Hell's bells...wanna hear a dialogue I just made up (yeah, I write some...although most of my scribblings are just collecting cobwebs...LOL)

Albert,Sr : I have an IQ of 175
Joe Bob: But can you pour pi$$ out of a boot?

Quote:
Your response is irrational because either you meant it simply as weak mockery since you have no civil response and no substance of your retort.
Translation: Any one who challenges your own take and credentials are, by default, being "uncivil" and/or "irrational" There is simply no way to argue with such an irrational premise as you take and present.

Last edited by TexasReb; 01-10-2009 at 08:39 PM..

Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
OK, now THAT was not only funny but appropriate. Forget what I said about all of y'all DM'ing each other! I am having a voyeuristically good time here! Carry on, PLEASE!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatTNGuy View Post
Where do we keep track?
I have a score sheet where I keep track of who is leading. At the end of the day, I'll add up the scores and post the winners in the General U.S. Forum.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM

I KNOW I will be sorry I asked, but WHAT does the winner win?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Not sure how you come by this conclusion...but perhaps you are just an overly sensitive individual.

Not withstanding what a person might question as to the relevancy of your real or percieved IQ ala' the topic....

Well said. Only TWO problems with this reasoning. The first is that no insult was ever offered. The second is that this "intellectual ability" thingy came out of the blue. And anyone who cares to read back over the thread can see it for themselves.

I mean, c'mon. NO one comes up with something like "I have an IQ four standard deviations above...." without being one totally self-absorbed and convinced of their own intelletual and moral superiority. Personally, I'd be embarrased to say something like that. Hell's bells...wanna hear a dialogue I just made up (yeah, I write some...although most of my scribblings are just collecting cobwebs...LOL)

Translation: Any one who challenges your own take and credentials are, by default, being "uncivil" and/or "irrational" There is simply no way to argue with such an irrational premise as you take and present.
I come back 40 minutes later and this is what you've come up with? You can deny all you want, but it seems to me to be a clear insult to my intelligence. Then you retorted with pure mockery. Mockery is uncivil. How can you not see that?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 PM

611 posts, read 1,458,462 times
Quote:
I have a score sheet where I keep track of who is leading. At the end of the day, I'll add up the scores and post the winners in the General U.S. Forum.
Very nice!

Anyhow, I'm just playing around - I'll back away and see if this topic can be salvaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.