Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had to move to the South where would you move?
Charlotte 20 14.39%
Virginia Beach 13 9.35%
Atlanta 10 7.19%
Jacksonville 3 2.16%
Tampa 4 2.88%
Orlando 1 0.72%
Miami 17 12.23%
Nashville 15 10.79%
Memphis 3 2.16%
New Orleans 4 2.88%
Dallas 10 7.19%
Houston 16 11.51%
San Antonio 4 2.88%
Austin 19 13.67%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:34 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,931,422 times

Advertisements

You two need to get a room! Why don't all of you start DM'ing each other.........the rest of us would like to read w/out some of you arguing about childish things. Get a life.

Now..........where were we????? Oh yeah, if you had to move south which city would you move to?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:34 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
LOL...Well, given that my post is subjective and based on my opinion and interpretation of said behavior, and not on established, objective fact, then it cannot be a contradiction of established truth. For libel has to be false, and my believe in motivation is probably quite accurate.
It is objectively false that I am using such term for in a means that is : "meant to be self dignifying on your part."

It is objectively false that I am using such terms as a means of: "giving yourself license to say whatever crosses your mind regardless of how it will affect others--in short an utterly self-centered view of the universe."

Your personal opinion or what you believe is irrelevant.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
If you're really needing to bring up the Fourth Deviation, then you're just not very skilled at defending yourself.

Thanks for playing. Dinner reservations await.
Well considering all the rep I'm getting, apparently I am. Though I would certainly argue that such things is a habit rather than a one-time event.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:37 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Very clever. Taking my words out of context. Talk about irrational. You made a personal attack, I responded, simple as that.
I am not talking about irrational. You are. But now that you mention it? Here are your original words:

well considering I'm a Physics major with an IQ that is 4 standard deviations above the average, perhaps it should.

I don't know how this can possibly taken out of context. And no, I did not make a personal attack. There is nothing personal at all here.

Anyway, as it is, I can see you went back and edited your post. So, gimme a minute, and I will address the revised edition as well...

Old 01-10-2009, 07:37 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I would go for Greenville, SC or Asheville NC. They are vibrant cities which are close to the mountains and not too far from the ocean.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:40 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,926,305 times
ainulinale and I are just stating what a lot of people are thinking and getting a lot of negative responses from it from the southerners on this forum. We're both getting rep for what we're saying, so there's gotta be people who agree.

It's interesting there's so much negativity in this thread, and none in the North thread.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Probably because the people that don't want to live in the North just don't post on the North thread.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I am not talking about irrational. You are. But now that you mention it? Here are your original words:

well considering I'm a Physics major with an IQ that is 4 standard deviations above the average, perhaps it should.

I don't know how this can possibly taken out of context. And no, I did not make a personal attack. There is nothing personal at all here.

Anyway, as it is, I can see you went back and edited your post. So, gimme a minute, and I will address the revised edition as well...
I'll certainly back track for you since you are unwilling. I said this:

"I'm not quite sure what you're talking about."

You responded with:

"That doesn't surprise me at all. " (a clear insult)

I responded with:

"Well considering I'm a Physics major with an IQ that is 4 standard deviations above the average, perhaps it should."

You responded with:

"A physics major? A real live one? With an IQ FOUR standard deviations above the average? Not just three, but FOUR? Lord a mercy! If I had known THAT, I would have NEVER presumed to dispute your word on anything at all. My my. And to think I thought I was just dealing with human being who actually puts his pants on one leg at a time..."

Now, the most rational exegesis of my response is this: apparently ainulinale has taken offense at my insult and is defending his intellectual abilities by citing a reasonable source for defining such capacities.

Your response is irrational because either you meant it simply as weak mockery since you have no civil response and no substance of your retort. Or, it implies a different context all together. The context to which it implies is this: that I was using such a defense as a means for suggesting that you cannot (or have no right to) argue with me. (Remember this: If I had known THAT, I would have NEVER presumed to dispute your word on anything at all.). Either way, your post is rather irrational.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:55 PM

611 posts, read 1,458,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
exegesis
Do we get points for using words like this?

Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Though I thank the Southerners who gave civil responses, TexasReb, you have not. Like I said, if you can't take Northern bluntness without consuming my thread off topic posts, then I ask that you don't come here anymore.
I am still not sure where I gave a non-civil response. And equally unsure as to why you presume I "can't take" what you call "northern bluntness"? And you ask me not to come here anymore? Are you a moderator now? Forgive me if I once again laugh at your self-presumed role here...

But...recovering from laughing fit...I always try and be fair and yes, you DID start off by:

Assuming that you're from any other part of the country, which city would you chose to move and why?

I'll give you that.

HOWEVER, some northerners made this an avenue to attack the South in some insulting terms. Othewise, I think most of us would have been perfectly content to stay out of it. But in the former case, we are going to respond. Simple as that.

And your IQ thing sounded like a trumpet factory with quality control problems...

Last edited by TexasReb; 01-10-2009 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.