Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times

Advertisements

Call me old-fashioned, but it doesn't work like that. You don't choose women by catalogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 08:13 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,880,495 times
Oh, please tell me no one is about to start a catalog of available women on city-data. I can just see this going there.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,634,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Call me old-fashioned, but it doesn't work like that. You don't choose women by catalogue.
Although related I have a feeling we're entering into a discussion about relationships rather than top cities to meet single women. I understand what you're saying. I don't disagree.

With all do respect, it's difficult to explain taste in women in a few sentences to strangers on an anonymous message board. I'm quite old-fashioned too. I don't think one can choose women like in the 1980's movie "Weird Science".

High quality single women is only one of many things I consider. I know you meet women by chance (or women like to think so, in reality you should put yourself in situations where you can meet them), and sure, it's very difficult to know in advance before you get to know someone well. The friendship and intimacy of a partner is a basic human need - I therefore think it's very important. You can of course turn it around and say if you're outgoing enough it's possible to meet women almost wherever and whenever.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,203 times
The positives for NYC is the women are often career oriented so they remain single till a bit later in life. I noticed in the south many women are married and have kids by the latest 25. The ones that are single I wouldnt touch with a stolen d*ck.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
The positives for NYC is the women are often career oriented so they remain single till a bit later in life. I noticed in the south many women are married and have kids by the latest 25. The ones that are single I wouldnt touch with a stolen d*ck.
You must not have been to any of the large Southern cities then. The best cities for singles are Atlanta, any large Texas city, Denver, LA, DC area and Raleigh.

If these Southern women are so nasty as you put it, why is it that Southern women are widely regarded as the best looking in the country (along with California)? Maybe because they don't sound like they have nasal congestion like NYC women sound when they talk???

Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
You must not have been to any of the large Southern cities then. The best cities for singles are Atlanta, any large Texas city, Denver, LA, DC area and Raleigh.

If these Southern women are so nasty as you put it, why is it that Southern women are widely regarded as the best looking in the country (along with California)? Maybe because they don't sound like they have nasal congestion like NYC women sound when they talk???

I would rank NY above or at least equal to any of those cities as I have been to DC, Raliegh, and Houston out of the ones you listed.

Many women in NYC esp from Manhattan have migrated from other states/countries so whatever nasal congestion your talking about is not prevalent.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 PM

144 posts, read 463,884 times
too much security nyc though & what i mean by that is that women are less likely to trust a stranger if you what i mean

Old 01-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc227 View Post
too much security nyc though & what i mean by that is that women are less likely to trust a stranger if you what i mean
I sure do. The competition is also fierce. Many Manhattan women will date numerous guys at once with all the options available.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:37 PM

195 posts, read 972,533 times
Southern and Midwest ladies are the best. They're good-looking (Southern more so), and seem to be marriage-minded. Forget the west-coast chicks.. dated plenty living in SoCal and Hawaii. I also do not like Toronto chicks.. they're too into guys with riced-out cars and shopping at Yorkdale mall and they live with their parents until they're 30. I like women that are still interested in the white-picket fence house. And no I'm not old-fashioned, I don't like mousey-docile women who have no education and say "yes" to everything they're told to do. But I'm not looking for anyone, I'm already married to Mrs. Right.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,765 times
I have lived in toronto for almost 20 years and they are some of the most stuck up chicks because of the city lifestyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.