U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Real World 22...where at?
Washington D.C. 19 12.42%
Baltimore 3 1.96%
Pittsburg 8 5.23%
Detroit 14 9.15%
Atlanta 30 19.61%
Houston 9 5.88%
Dallas 8 5.23%
St. Louis 8 5.23%
Phoenix 3 1.96%
Omaha 8 5.23%
Scranton 11 7.19%
Other 11 7.19%
.......really? 21 13.73%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 PM

30,178 posts, read 67,314,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Wilkes-Barre wasn't on the poll, so I selected Scranton. I suppose they could have the house in Scranton and commute to Wilkes-Barre for all the fun.
LMFAO! They could always have it in Pittston so they could be equidistant to both Scranton and Wilkes-Barre! Perhaps they could film it during the annual Pittston Tomato Festival and show them whining about their hair getting messy during the tomato fights?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
Because of an ordinance that limits the number of people living in a house to five
So if a married couple with four children moves into Newport, RI they have to keep one of the children chained outside in a dog house?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Why not pick a city it hasn't been done in? Who cares if it isn't a big city. People around the country need to see there's other "cool" places to be than just big cities. But at the same time, there has to be enough of a nightlife that they can film them being idiots around town when they're drunk lol.
Just go on YouTube and look for footage of the Scranton St. Patrick's Day Parade. What do you get when you mix a bunch of blue-collar middle-class Irish-American Catholics with a passion for alcohol with an open invitation to booze all day? You get some very "surprising" results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Scranton...WTF not?
Let's not forget "ain't no party like a Scranton party!!!" If it's good enough for "The Office," then why not "The Real World" as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
To show those yuppy, cappucino drinking, Abercrombie wearin, fruitcakes what the REAL WORLD is like out there...
Just give them to me with some formaldehyde-soaked rags, handcuffs, Barry White music, and whipped cream, and I'll show them something they'll never soon forget! LOL!

Last edited by SteelCityRising; 01-10-2009 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Typographical Errors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 09:18 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,384,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post

Just give them to me with some formaldehyde-soaked rags, handcuffs, Barry White music, and whipped cream, and I'll show them something they'll never soon forget! LOL!
hahaha

Take em! Please! Anything to get those idiots off the airwaves is fine by me!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,023 times
uhmmmmmm, they should have a real world amsterdam!!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 11:24 PM

7,835 posts, read 19,559,824 times
Milwaukee.... In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

YouTube - Happy 60th Birthday Alice Cooper! February 4th, 1948

Old 10-19-2009, 11:16 AM

1,712 posts, read 2,756,327 times
There should be a choice for: "I don't watch that reality TV crap so who cares"

Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM

2,880 posts, read 4,613,970 times
Good grief, just make the show virtual so it can be everywhere. A bunch of teenagers with webcams posting on C-D about cities they barely know or have never been to. "OMG, you guys, the people in that place are sooooo phony, you guys." "I have black friends so I can type n***** anytime I want!" "How can trust you when you were PM'ing behind my back?"

Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,555,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post
Glasgow, Edinburgh, somewhere completely different.
Both good choices but my 1st would be Rome. I found the nightlife among young people facinating there. Also Monte Carlo or Nice would be good.

Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,198,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboyzero View Post
I know this has been right up there with debating where the next olympics should be...

But last night I noticed that they started a new season of "The Real World" which amazingly is it's 21st. (please reserve all judgement...I KNOW I'm a loser ) So I did some research and I was suprised to see what major cities HAVEN'T had a chance to have annoying shallow crazy drunks give their city a bad rep.

However, I remember watching it when it was in Chicago and it's always really cool to see your city represented the way the show does. So which city do you think should deserve to do it next and why?
Honestly?

If they had "Real World: Arkansas" I'd probably watch.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:45 PM

8,900 posts, read 13,230,919 times
They should have a Real World in some small rural town where their job is to farm. Something different and funny like that. I've had enough of them being here in NY. They've overdone it here, that's all I know!!

Old 10-19-2009, 04:00 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,263,628 times
The farming thing has been done...The Simple Life starring Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie. This was undoubtedly one of the worst ideas for a "reality" show.

The Real Life was a decent quality reality show at one point in time. It was the first of it's kind, after all. It has become almost unwatchable because of all the contrived arguing and bi-polarish, immature people. Do they only choose psychos now? And haven't any of those psychos seen previous seasons where others have made the mistake of sleeping with their roommates? It's pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or