Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Long Islanders moving to Triangle area North Carolina, schools over crowded, poor public school districts, beware moving from Long Island to Cary North Carolina

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Shoot we drive at 5!!
I don't even know what to say to that!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPC View Post
I don't even know what to say to that!!!
It will come around.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
It will come around.
What's the point in being mysterious? If you have something to say, just say it.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Everyone has to go pay to see the football games too. I think that's ridiculous.
That keeps everyone from paying 9800 a year in property taxes.....

Why should everyone in the county pay when they all do not want to see hs football...

Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
It's not in our contract unless the city announces it's bankrupt and in a state of emergency. So we're pretty safe in our jobs.

Oh you must have forgot your kings name whom all things do not apply. . .

Old 02-20-2012, 10:03 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeohrablo View Post
I currently live in West Islip on long island. I work as a personal trainer for Bally Total Fitness. My wife and I are moving to Raleigh on May 15th!!! we are moving in with her family until we can save a ton of money and get our own place. I looked up fitness jobs and there are a ton in the raleigh area!! so finding a job will be a no brainer!! I have been to raleigh about 6 times and loved it since the first time i was there. Long island is depressing, cold dark winters, people are alwas pissed off, I am tired of the high stress high worry attitude. We want to have kids in the next two years and I couldnt imagine raising them here. I am excited about my new start, and I am taking a leap of faith that everything will be ok and work out. My wife has a ton of friends down there along with her sister as she spent many years living there, so finding friends wont be a problem. I think this will be a cool experience and I'm ready to start this new chapter in my life!!!
No, finding a job is not a no-brainer... b/c if it was, the umeployment rate would not be so high.

Wow. I can't believe how naive some people are. Just b/c there are a lot of fitness jobs doesn't mean you will get one so quickly or at all. It's good to be confident and all... but I'm sorry, you need a reality check.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:34 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,569 times
My best friend moved from Wake County, NC to Copiague and then Lindy and always talks about how much more advanced the Wake County school system was compared to Copiague and even Lindenhurst "absolutely everything we do in math classes here I already did back in NC"-her words.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:44 PM

140 posts, read 214,415 times
my dear aunt was consider moving after this storm. I showed her this blog an she quickly realized the schools are not the same she would pay the taxes to private school instead. Leave all her family and carolinas get so much worse hurricanes they mascot is a hurricane LOL.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,280 times
Mybe its just me but why would you move to a place thats the same as were you are now?
thats like saying i hate long island but im going to move to a place just like it
i love north carolina to death but raleigh is a glorified nassau county.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 PM

99 posts, read 293,329 times
We just moved to Union County South of Charlotte.L.I. Could kiss my A#%!!!!!!. Coming from Nesconset which I can not say one bad thing other than the taxes, this part of NC is awesome.Its a bit rural but not over crowed at all.I have twice the house,3800 sq ft. twice the property 1 acre and my taxes are 2,600 a year.The schools are awesome,both my kids were given laptops to do their homework on.My sons whole 9th grade has about 225 kids in it compared to 1200.The schoolnsystems here are definitely more advance than L.I.There is no reason to pay close to 13,000 a year in taxes !!! There are plenty of places down south that are great places to live other than that island !!! SC,GA have great school systems.Oh they actually turn on the AC also.My wife had to beg to have the AC turned on due to my sons asthma !!,on L.I.From what I understand Carey was one of these places that filled up quick years ago.I have friends that moved to Ky and Tenn and love it as well.Two seperate moving companies told us that they move 2 to 3 families off the island a week,they all said the same thing.Its has just gotten too expensive.Oh another thing as far as jobs,my wife is a teacher and had a hard time getting a job on L.I. She has been on numerous interviews and was able to pick the specific job she wanted.Mooresville,Huntersville and the surrounding areas are great.There are plenty of jobs down here.People are just too picky !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.