U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,365 times

Advertisements

east orange is one of the most improve city n america if u said a couple of years ago better yet in da early 90 u could make a argument but now its just a regular new jersey hood irvington yea but east orange na
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 06:49 PM

160 posts, read 214,577 times
I wouldn't go walking through Highland Park, MI late at night...

Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 PM

711 posts, read 1,288,036 times
So we just wasted all that money on a 10 year war vs Iraq & Afghanistan when Bin Laden was in Pakistan :?

So I just tried using google maps a few days ago. My friend had put me on Google Earth but i had never really checked it out like that before. Its crazy how Google Maps can take you anywhere, which is great for Navigation but terrible for Privacy and almost some 1984 Big Brother stuff. Anyway in light of The Royal Wedding yesterday, which the media just had to put in the face of all Americans that watch TV almost saying "Yes Kings & Queens still rule you all". Today I will start a thread to bring out awareness of the opposite of Royalty which can only be endless Poverty. If you feel the need to bring awareness to any of your local areas that need the most help just on google maps and hit the ( PrntScr ) button on your keyboard to save a pic to your computer so you can post a trouble spot in your hometown.

There are Hood's all over this country but you will see in the pics that some are alot worse then others. Some factors to include are Decay, Drug Spots (no posting pics its not the same as snitching), Infrastructure (failure), Murder Rate, Ect. It could be anywhere from Trailer Parks, Ghettos, The Slum or just areas that lost manufacturing jobs and the town went under in only a few years.

Im going to start local since I been thru these area's and seen all the Projects with my own eyes this week, i was out here and just wanted to show yall & City-Data.com what it is like...

WARNING: Wilmington has higher violent crime rates than Trenton, Camden, and Compton, CA. ...

Wilmington Delaware (A place to be somebody)

Moderator cut: copyrighted images

Last edited by Bo; 05-10-2011 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Do not post copyrighted images from Google Maps. This is against the TOS.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:48 AM

6,850 posts, read 7,795,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
WARNING: Wilmington has higher violent crime rates than Trenton, Camden, and Compton, CA. ...
Moderator cut: off-topic/persona Your statement is wrong (again). Take murder rates, for example. Camden and and Compton had murder rates 180% and 164% higher than Wilmington's (Trenton's is slightly lower).

Opinions vary - facts don't.

Last edited by Bo; 05-10-2011 at 11:43 AM..

Old 05-10-2011, 09:45 AM

8,483 posts, read 10,460,458 times
I don't think Wilimington, DE is that bad compared to Camden, NJ.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 AM

6,920 posts, read 12,374,386 times
I'm somewhat shocked that East Palo Alto was not mentioned once in this thread.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:48 PM

706 posts, read 1,806,996 times
Hammond, Louisiana, has horrifyng crime rates. The Burglary rate is 50% higher than any other city in the US except Tolleson, a suburb of Phoenix. Hammond isn't even a suburb, it a free-standing city, unaffected by any nearby metro area.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 PM

56,533 posts, read 80,824,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowanStern View Post
Hammond, Louisiana, has horrifyng crime rates. The Burglary rate is 50% higher than any other city in the US except Tolleson, a suburb of Phoenix. Hammond isn't even a suburb, it a free-standing city, unaffected by any nearby metro area.
Isn't it very close to Chicago's Southern suburbs?

Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 PM

9,967 posts, read 14,607,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I'm somewhat shocked that East Palo Alto was not mentioned once in this thread.
East Palo Alto had a crime rate and murder rate that was among the highest in the nation in the early 90s...But since that time, while crime is still bad there, I think it's improved (at least statistically) to the point where it's not among the top even just in California. I mean there's Central Valley towns like Yuba City and Oroville statisticallyhave higher crime rate than East Palo Alto at this point.

My cousin used to live in Menlo Park nearby from East Palo Alto and I remember in the 90s it was pretty rough over there--but it seems that since that time some of the development of surrounding towns has spilled over.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:30 PM

5,857 posts, read 14,043,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Isn't it very close to Chicago's Southern suburbs?
I think you are thinking of Hammond, Indiana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.