U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:56 PM

688 posts, read 1,750,645 times
Quote:
House on the beach in Malibu, Newport Beach or Oceanside... CA
Oceanside?
Rancho Santa Fe, Carmel or Santa Barbara.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM

1,501 posts, read 3,907,828 times
Chicago, on N. State Parkway, Gothe or Astor St. Never need a car. Near everything to walk!

Palm Beach, Florida. In Via Parigi (same as above, right in the heart of things).
I'd be mighty content to have my old apartment back, really! (which is now a $ multi-million townhome :<(.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:39 PM

1,501 posts, read 3,907,828 times
[quote=carolinajack;437408

Southhampton Long Island[/QUOTE]

CarolinaJack, very curious about this one, have you ever visited here? I spent two summers here and must admit that, if you think Philly's bad 'tude-wise, this is another stratosphere. The one truly down to earth person we actually encountered & had a cool, regular conversaton with was Billy Joel. At the bar in a pub just chilling out on a slow afternoon, so we didn't let on or make a fuss. He actually initiated! Most others around acted quite aloof and his personality was not of the mold there.
Just pick your home next to Billy's so you know you'll have one cool neighbor to shoot the breeze with , OK?

Last edited by Travel'r; 03-08-2007 at 03:52 PM..

Old 03-08-2007, 04:34 PM

5,019 posts, read 9,027,501 times
"If money was no object" you'd want 2-3 houses in the U.S., not one.

An apt. in NYC.

A house or condo in Vail.

A place in So. California. Perhaps Malibu or La Jolla or Rancho Santa Fe.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:51 PM

364 posts, read 37,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
"If money was no object" you'd want 2-3 houses in the U.S., not one.

An apt. in NYC.

A house or condo in Vail.

A place in So. California. Perhaps Malibu or La Jolla or Rancho Santa Fe.
That is exactly what I would want. I love old townhouses in NYC. I like Sarah Jessica Parker's and Matthew Brodericks digs in the West Village. Nice townhouse! Can't imagine what that goes for.

A decent sized property for my furry friends to run around in the snow.

A few places in California would work- Bel Air Mansion, Beverly Hills or Malibu would do.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 PM

2,357 posts, read 255,962 times
There are some really nice places all across the nation I've never been. But if money was no object, I'd have a house on the battery in Charleston, SC, a beach house on Kiawah Island, and a 60-foot yacht to cruise to my house in Bermuda

Old 03-08-2007, 05:19 PM

5,462 posts, read 14,086,398 times
Maybe a better question would be, where would you live if you still had to work, but housing affordability was not an issue. Hawaii might be a great vacation spot, but would you honestly want to live there all the time?

I'll agree with carolinajack on Chevy Chase, MD-- if I had a big-shot position in the federal government. Even though that's not technically a city-- it's one of the most beautiful neighborhoods/townlets I've ever seen.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 PM

1,075 posts, read 2,453,346 times
1 of three options,
buy up as much land as possible even do home buyouts right at the point of which the state lines of tn,va & nc meet

buy my own mountain or mountains in the eastern portion of the states

i've never been to DC but from what i hear the area around the white house is not so good, so i would buy every bit of that area up bulldoze it down, then put in something that's going to make me even more money.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:29 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,973,339 times
I am with you anonymous

I would buy a house on the Charleston Battery, Kiawah Island or better Spring or Dewees Island, already have one on Sullivans island SC, one in Jackson Hole and on Bermuda or Barbados.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:38 PM

6,430 posts, read 12,803,507 times
I would buy a place in California in Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara or Laguna Beach. On a cliff over looking the ocean. Or in the Colorado ski country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.