U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:54 PM

86,981 posts, read 102,540,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
RE: humidity, virtually everyplace on the North American continent west of the 100th meridian has low humidity. If you want low crime big cities, that leaves out the Southwest, including California. If you are talking about humidity (not rainfall), Seattle and Portland would meet all of your requirements: big cities, (relatively) low crime, low humidity, and "good" universities U Wash, Portland State). Denver's a good choice, except there's no university there. UC is many miles away from the city, in Boulder.
There is the University of Denver and the University of Colorado at Denver. DU is a smallish residential college; UCD is primarily a commuter college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 08:17 PM

5,857 posts, read 14,043,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
There is the University of Denver and the University of Colorado at Denver. DU is a smallish residential college; UCD is primarily a commuter college.
I stand corrected, pittnurse!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:23 AM

3 posts, read 22,905 times
thanks all of u for the information provided

Old 03-10-2007, 12:08 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,389,357 times
Denver is a nice place with low humidity. But I just cant see wanting to move away from Nantucket to go to some new city that you might dislike just because of a few days of high humidity? Dry weather wont buy you happiness, just make really sure to visit some potential destinations EXTENSIVELY before you make the decision to move. Ive known a few folks whove moved to drier regions, then moved back after a few years because the heat and dryness becomes just as annoying as humidity.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:13 PM

3 posts, read 22,905 times
Hey Steve-o,
thanks for the advice, but i am currently living in Bulgaria (a country in Southeastern Europe). I live in Nantucket only in the summer time when the humidity reachest its highest point. I am alergic to the microrganisms created by the humidy, plus my doctor adviced me not to go back to Nantucket and to look for a low humid place.

Old 03-12-2007, 12:38 PM

3,632 posts, read 14,671,572 times
I'm so glad to hear Denver is on the list. Trust me, I HATE humidity, thank goodness I live in AZ.

Yes, AZ doesn't have humidity, except for monsson season (july-aug), it can get muggy. It was worse in my opinion last year. I don't even remember humid days in the past, but the past 2 years I guess it seems worse, but not terrible.

I think UofA in Tucson is a good school, also NAU in Flagstaff. ASU is probably a good education as well. But we have some crime. Since Phx is a large city so there is crime, but there are definitely safer areas in the valley to live in that you won't be too concerned about being affected.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Air

150 posts, read 495,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teodora View Post
Hey Steve-o,
thanks for the advice, but i am currently living in Bulgaria (a country in Southeastern Europe). I live in Nantucket only in the summer time when the humidity reachest its highest point. I am alergic to the microrganisms created by the humidy, plus my doctor adviced me not to go back to Nantucket and to look for a low humid place.

I am having the same problems due to humidity. Since I arrived in North Carolina, I have asthma and allergies. I never knew I was allergic to mould -- and so many people I meet here take medication! The pollution is bad, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or