U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 AM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,273,290 times
Reputation: 5943

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I drive on the left side of the road all the time when I'm wasted...
neither helpful nor productive
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
in the parking garage at the providence place mall for some reason. driving up the levels your on the left while coming down your on the left as well. not sure if it counts but its wierd.
thanks for taking this seriously

Last edited by JMT; 05-22-2018 at 11:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2009, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Road Warrior
2,015 posts, read 5,004,825 times
Reputation: 798
Well the postal service do drive with the steering wheel on the other side of the car, donno if that counts but that's another story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 06:50 AM
 
Location: Somerville, MA
8,001 posts, read 16,052,716 times
Reputation: 9340
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
in the parking garage at the providence place mall for some reason. driving up the levels your on the left while coming down your on the left as well. not sure if it counts but its wierd.

Yeah, Prov. Place is a WIERD garage. Oddly laid out. completely unrelated, but the space is so weird and oddly laid out in that garage that an "artist" (actually 8 of them) took up residence and made an apartment that they kept secret for a good while. Link to the story: 1 room, no view | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

I can think of several parking lots and garages where driving on the left is the norm.... no state, city, or federal roads though to my knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Boston
1,125 posts, read 4,102,595 times
Reputation: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Yeah, Prov. Place is a WIERD garage. Oddly laid out. completely unrelated, but the space is so weird and oddly laid out in that garage that an "artist" (actually 8 of them) took up residence and made an apartment that they kept secret for a good while. Link to the story: 1 room, no view | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

I can think of several parking lots and garages where driving on the left is the norm.... no state, city, or federal roads though to my knowledge.
i remember that lol. i think they were RISD kids. they lived there for over a year i think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 09:33 AM
 
Location: St Simons Island, GA
23,058 posts, read 35,012,419 times
Reputation: 15197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It's American territory, so yeah. We bought if from Denmark in 1917 when they drove on the left-hand side of the road. Now they drive on the right like everybody else in Europe (Except the UK and Ireland).
Last time I was there, they were still driving on the left side. Check out the Q&A on this website.

www.vinow.com/stthomas/getting_around_stt/driving_stt/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,717,705 times
Reputation: 46025
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Last time I was there, they were still driving on the left side. Check out the Q&A on this website.

www.vinow.com/stthomas/getting_around_stt/driving_stt/
No, I was referring to Denmark now driving on the right-hand side of the road, not the VIs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Cold Frozen North
1,928 posts, read 4,631,417 times
Reputation: 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago60614 View Post
i drive on the left side of the road all the time when i'm wasted...
lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2014, 05:25 PM
 
213 posts, read 192,697 times
Reputation: 296
Old thread, but Interstate 5 near Los Angeles has a stretch where it becomes left handed traffic.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.55...0&ie=UTF8&z=15
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 PM
 
378 posts, read 354,931 times
Reputation: 366
Every town with at least 1 One Way Street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2017, 12:48 PM
 
1 posts, read 427 times
Reputation: 10
Baghdad, AZ, there's a copper/ gold mine there.... huge property, all vehicles including semis and passenger cars must utilise left-side driving, because the GIANT EARTH MOVERS can only see on their right side, there are miles and miles of road ways, including turns and four-way stops. Makes your job a bit more fun in an 18- wheeler lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top