U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,765,210 times
Reputation: 15560

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Pretty much, any state in the Sunbelt is poised to grow.
We are talking about the sunbelt on planet Earth, right?, I'm here, dont think so, you must have skimmed the first page of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
 
Location: IN
20,865 posts, read 36,004,584 times
Reputation: 13313
The states with the fastest population growth will probably continue to be:
Texas
Utah
Colorado
Idaho
Georgia
North Carolina
Arizona
Nevada
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
841 posts, read 2,542,157 times
Reputation: 706
Smile How is North Carolina a Sunbelt state??

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
North Carolina is the new Sunbelt state that's gonna boom. Diversified economy and attracting people of all types, skills and age groups.

California has already peaked, Florida has got to turn a lot of things around, Georgia is confined to Atlanta, Arizona is too much of a retirement location and Nevada cannot base the entire economy around gambling.
North Carolina is half way up the Atlantic?? You call that being in the Sunbelt??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:26 AM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,785,778 times
Reputation: 46056
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We are talking about the sunbelt on planet Earth, right?, I'm here, dont think so, you must have skimmed the first page of this thread.
Would you care to write that sentence in English?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,765,210 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Would you care to write that sentence in English?
sorry if you cant figure it out, I really shouldnt have to teach a special-ed class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:36 AM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,785,778 times
Reputation: 46056
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
sorry if you cant figure it out, I really shouldnt have to teach a special-ed class.
Given that you haven't graduated from your own, I'm not surprised. Seriously, the syntax in your posting was so bizarre that it made no sense to any literate reader.

However, there is nothing in the first page that contradicts my original statement. I work in economic development, so I know where the jobs are going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,765,210 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Given that you haven't graduated from your own, I'm not surprised. Seriously, the syntax in your posting was so bizarre that it made no sense to any literate reader.

However, there is nothing in the first page that contradicts my original statement. I work in economic development, so I know where the jobs are going.
Have you even bothered to read any of the posts on this thread? Casting aspersions about doent fit the criteria.
I was referring to your post about the sunbelt, sorry if you didnt get the irony. Your profile said you are given to dark humor, usually someone with that inclination understands irony.
Seriously, if you wish to flame someone, I suggest you do it elsewhere, perhaps 4chan.org? Can we get back on subject, please? I certainly think its a bit overbearing to hijack the OP's thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 08:57 AM
 
28,905 posts, read 46,785,778 times
Reputation: 46056
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Have you even bothered to read any of the posts on this thread? Casting aspersions about doent fit the criteria.
I was referring to your post about the sunbelt, sorry if you didnt get the irony. Your profile said you are given to dark humor, usually someone with that inclination understands irony.
Seriously, if you wish to flame someone, I suggest you do it elsewhere, perhaps 4chan.org? Can we get back on subject, please? I certainly think its a bit overbearing to hijack the OP's thread.
Look, just because economic times are tough in Florida does not necessarily mean that the rest of the Sun Belt is suffering to the same degree. What's more, given Florida's continual boom-and-bust economic cycles, the troubles there aren't really unexpected. Florida will eventually absorb the punches and be back on the path to growth again--albeit a little wiser. However, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce, 60% of the country's economic growth between now and 2025 is projected to take place in the six states of the Southeast. Given the fact that I consult frequent with various agencies luring automotive manufacturers to the region, I find these numbers plausible. So my original posting was certainly not a hijack of the thread. It was you who chose to do so.

In turn, that leads to who started this little flame war. You started with a condescending remark (Not very well written for a supposed journalism minor, either. Irony requires a little more deftness than what you mustered). When I asked for a clarification, you accused me of mental retardation. Yet I'm the one who's flaming you. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 09:04 AM
 
11,182 posts, read 22,403,520 times
Reputation: 10933
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Colorado, even with this depression we're still growing about 100,000 a year. In fact most of 'em from bigger and richer states such as CA, TX, IL, FL, NY.
How can you say it's growing by 100,000 a year during our downtown when it really only started in full force a few months ago? I think people need to wait a few more months to see how this is REALLY affecting areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,440 posts, read 31,765,210 times
Reputation: 15560
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Look, just because economic times are tough in Florida does not necessarily mean that the rest of the Sun Belt is suffering to the same degree. What's more, given Florida's continual boom-and-bust economic cycles, the troubles there aren't really unexpected. Florida will eventually absorb the punches and be back on the path to growth again--albeit a little wiser. However, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce, 60% of the country's economic growth between now and 2025 is projected to take place in the six states of the Southeast. So my original posting was certainly not a hijack of the thread. It was you who chose to do so.

In turn, that leads to who started this little flame war. You started with a condescending remark (Not very well written for a supposed journalism minor, either. Irony requires a little more deftness than what you mustered). When I asked for a clarification, you accused me of mental retardation. Yet I'm the one who's flaming you. Go figure.
I never accused you of anything, if you choose to read something into it, thats your choice.
Speaking of condescending, I could say the same for you, along with just a wee bit of clinical passive agressiveness thrown in.
To quote the peerless Gerswin; Lets Call The Whole Thing Off".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top