U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:41 PM

9 posts, read 24,289 times

Advertisements

Santa Fe NM is too snooty & ABQ NM has horrid crime rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 09:05 PM

13,856 posts, read 22,953,196 times
It seems like I read once that Queenstown, New Zealand is a real New-Agey Mecca.

In the US there are specifically New Age communities in or near the following

Big Sur in California - Home of Esalen Institute
Boulder, Colorado
Fairfield, Iowa - Maharishi University of Management is in town and Maharishi Vedic City is nearby.
Salem, Oregon
Sedona, Arizona

Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 PM

4,054 posts, read 9,102,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalsahelaer View Post
I've lived in Lawrence KS and loved the metaphyscial world there. There were people exchanging tarot readings at coffee places and world foods and no malls because the public protested it. There was a health food store. There was community classes and a buch of fun stuff to do. The weather killed me. It was humid in the summer and the winter was 4 months of heck! My car was totaled by other idiots. I love sedona but it think the place has too high of a vibrational level for me to live there. I get so high off of the enegry that radiates there. I was thinking of flagstaff but 100 in of snow a year is bad. I loved Durango CO but thier winters are horrid. I too am looking for a metaphysical minded community. Now I live in El Paso TX. My partents live in the 4 conners area, Farmington NM and I would like to live 5 hours away from them max but I still want to live in a new age/ metaphysical town. I am a nurse and would need a town that doesn't have too many nursing programs (the town isn't flooded with nurses). I am allergic to dust and mold and high desert seems to work well for my allergies. So a place with not too much rain and not too harsh of a winter and I need live nature around me. (The desert is dead and then it blows so it creates lots of dust.) I'm into meditations, crystal therapy, Reiki, Tarot, enegry therapy. I'm not into any organized religion (probally because I was raised around Sikhs the first 5 years of my life then went to Unity), but meditate believe in God and work on my spiritual progress. I want to find people who think like I do. Any suggestions for me?
Ever thought of trying Cottonwood AZ? It's only 25 minutes from Sedona and not as intense energetically but quite open. It's also cheaper with more ammenities.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 PM

2,317 posts, read 6,883,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
It seems like I read once that Queenstown, New Zealand is a real New-Agey Mecca.

In the US there are specifically New Age communities in or near the following

Big Sur in California - Home of Esalen Institute
Boulder, Colorado
Fairfield, Iowa - Maharishi University of Management is in town and Maharishi Vedic City is nearby.
Salem, Oregon
Sedona, Arizona
Not in Salem at all. Ashland, definitely.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:58 AM

13,856 posts, read 22,953,196 times
Ahh well too late to edit it now.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 10,093 times
How about Nashville, Tenn? Are there any metaphysics there? I am considering moving there, but I wonder if there are some enlightened people in the area as well as culture? (outside of country music)

Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 AM

9,967 posts, read 14,605,870 times
Mount Shasta - California, USA

There is a new age idea that Mt Shasta is a energy power point(they had some big harmonic convergence conference there at one point). A lot of this draws back to the original native tribes' belief that it was a sacred mountain.

But then there is a nuttier idea that begun in the 1930s that the Lemurians, a race alternatively described as little dwarf-like or super tall, inhabit the center of Mt Shasta. I think there are crystals involved somehow too.

Not sure how the new age scene is down there these days, but back in the earlier part of the decade while I was in college I remember going to a few new-agey rave-type events around the area.

Last edited by Deezus; 10-12-2009 at 10:54 AM..

Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 AM

10,630 posts, read 23,406,006 times
I second the Mt. Shasta suggestion. I've heard it recently called the "New Age Mecca," so although I don't know what it was like a decade ago, I think it's still going just as strong.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:51 PM

2,816 posts, read 5,383,029 times
Rome, Italy.

OK, perhaps not the sort of metaphysical city you were thinking about...

Old 10-12-2009, 02:56 PM

290 posts, read 944,743 times
Berkeley, CA
Cassadaga, FL
Taos, NM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or