U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 AM

559 posts, read 1,313,505 times

Advertisements

Circuit City has **** poor customer service, my ipod broke, sent it in, the refurb broke, sent it in, and its been 2 months and i have not gotten a replacement. Not to mention there employees are dumber then a bag of bricks.

Don't expect to find any deals with all the stores closing, when they closed here in Phoenix they jacked up all the prices, and then lowered them, there was not one good deal in the store, don't even try, prices were cheaper at Best Buy then the prices that were "%30" off at Circuit City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 10:38 AM

25,449 posts, read 10,454,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
Circuit City has **** poor customer service, my ipod broke, sent it in, the refurb broke, sent it in, and its been 2 months and i have not gotten a replacement. Not to mention there employees are dumber then a bag of bricks.
I went through the same thing with my VCR/DVD player multiple times. Also, they lost all of my information and had no record that I even bought the VCR there, and the employees are of no help. Like I said, this was bound to happen, economy or no economy. They did this to themselves.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:05 PM

1,928 posts, read 4,638,729 times
I just got home from the Circuit City by my house. I was passing by and decided to stop in just for grins. Lots of people in the store and long checkout lines. Prices weren't good at all - probaby too early yet. I didn't buy anything, at least this time around.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:23 PM

25,449 posts, read 10,454,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
I just got home from the Circuit City by my house. I was passing by and decided to stop in just for grins. Lots of people in the store and long checkout lines. Prices weren't good at all - probaby too early yet. I didn't buy anything, at least this time around.
I did the same thing, and I didn't see hardly any sales at all. Maybe later in the week or next weekend.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM

559 posts, read 1,313,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Guy View Post
I did the same thing, and I didn't see hardly any sales at all. Maybe later in the week or next weekend.
Really guys don't get your hopes up for good deals, when all the circuit cities were closing down in Phoenix me and my brother went shopping for a new tv on black friday, we assumed that Circuit City would have some great deals, the only tvs that seemed somewhat a good price (if they were new) were the models on display with dings and what not, they wanted 1,000 bucks for a 42 inch 1080p vizio, went down to Ultimate electronics down the street, got a 50 inch for 900, Samsung.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:02 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,262,905 times
The best deals they'll have will be on CDs./DVDs, and stuff like USB drives and memory cards - and that will be near the very end right before the stores close for good. As I had said in an earlier post, if you take notes, you'll find them marking camera and camcorder prices UP before they apply very modest discounts.

Also as stated before, "all sales are final" so open and check the boxes/merchandise at the counter in front of the employees BEFORE leaving the store.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM

1,928 posts, read 4,638,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
The best deals they'll have will be on CDs./DVDs, and stuff like USB drives and memory cards - and that will be near the very end right before the stores close for good. As I had said in an earlier post, if you take notes, you'll find them marking camera and camcorder prices UP before they apply very modest discounts.

Also as stated before, "all sales are final" so open and check the boxes/merchandise at the counter in front of the employees BEFORE leaving the store.
I agree with you atlantagreg. I wouldn't be surprised if prices were marked up, just so they could then mark them down and claim a sale. I like those type of business practices - NOT!

There were quite a few open box buys, but even those prices were out of line.

Yes, there were signs indicating that 'all sales are final'. I'll probably stop by once a week until they finally close. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but if the price is right...

Yep, the vultures are circling and smell a dead, rotting carcass. Reminds me of the days of Wards going out of business. I bought a ton of furniture from them that I sorely needed. The timing was perfect. My furniture is now a collection of mismatched stuff from the Wards era, but being a single guy, I could care less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or