Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 AM

1,149 posts, read 5,621,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
It is my experience that people are knowledgeable about the things that interest them.
If geography does not interest them then that's their business.
Let's try not to put our values on other people.
I'm fairly certain that there are fields of knowledge that they posess that we do not.
True. There are good reasons why certain places are well known. A lot of people in Boston will know of Ireland, simply because a significant percentage of the people in the city are of Irish descent. Beyond school education people know places based on their interests and connections.

In my experience most Europeans tend to know the coasts better. Everything inbetween is just flyover country to a lot of tourists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 3,719 times
Default Hey Hey!

That;'s not fair! i am a brit, and i love your country, and i can name all states on a good day!! most brits really like Americans, just most cant understand football or baseball (personally i am a Pats fan!) but then you dont understand Rugger (rugby) or cricket!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:59 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,433,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selt View Post
That;'s not fair! i am a brit, and i love your country, and i can name all states on a good day!! most brits really like Americans, just most cant understand football or baseball (personally i am a Pats fan!) but then you dont understand Rugger (rugby) or cricket!
Why the Patriots of all teams?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:46 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,889,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
I agree with everything you have said. America is a continent, so there's enough to see if you think of sites and the variation in topography. I think a lot of Americans want to see Europe because of its history.
Actually, America is not a continent, Europe is.........

Old 01-23-2009, 05:15 PM

463 posts, read 1,558,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Actually, America is not a continent, Europe is.........
America isn't a continent...it is two continents!

Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,474,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internat View Post
It's not such an odd thing. A lot of people drive across USA on route 66 running between Chicago and Los Angeles.

Two weeks....last I looked you can't get to Seattle via Rt 66....and I'm pretty sure Florida ain't possible either.

Ok, I have to ask....do you really read everything in a post or are you so intent on proving someone wrong, you just gloss over it?

Old 01-23-2009, 05:54 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,474,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selt View Post

Ahhh I see the problem...you don't understand Football cuz you're a Pat's fan!!
Now if you were a BEARS fan, it would make more sense.
We Americans like you too.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:33 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,668,536 times
why is NJ not in NJ.. same for chicago

kinda funny i guess

Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,653,348 times
Honestly, I think could name all of the European countries and place them on a map as well, Geography is one of my strongest subjects, and I think I'm one of the youngest members here.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,433,859 times
I don't think I could name all of the European countries, but I could name a lot of them. I am going to college next year as a Geography major.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.