U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Out of the Big 3 Metro's which one would you Live if cost of Living isn't a Issue?
New York(Greater New York) 74 45.12%
Los Angeles (Greater LA) 47 28.66%
Chicago (ChicagoLand) 62 37.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,240,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I saw on tv a guy taking a tour of downtown on the canals. that looked like it would be fun. I think I would want to do that if I ever decide to visit Chicago.

When I went to NYC I never saw any rats. That would totally ruin my trip to if that happened to me.

Does Chicago have anything comparable to Central Park?
You might want to ask Steve-o or someone who live in Chicago i was only there for 2 days.But I'm pretty sure they Do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 01:21 AM

6,999 posts, read 9,103,700 times
I would choose New York or LA. Chicago is a great city, but has horrible weather and I can't survive there

Old 01-18-2009, 01:29 AM

11,200 posts, read 22,464,274 times
I feel like this website is a huge disfunctional family when I read these threads....I mean....we ALL know where this will end up, yet we still sit here and wait for it....

Old 01-18-2009, 06:00 AM

7,171 posts, read 9,963,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Architecture and the Buildings looked newer to me in NY they look old and have Rats which made me get rabies when i visited there b/c i got Bite by one.I'm not saying there skyline sucks, Chicago skyline looks better to me in my Eyes than NY's,NY's is more Massive though, But Both Skylines are Beast.San Francisco Skyline is Probably the Third Best after Chi And NY.I'm going to vote for Chicago and LA.
Thats interesting. I am suprised I never heard this before.

When someone gets rabies here say from a racoon bite it is news. Someone who got rabies from a rat bite (an animal that can get inside buildings) would have been really big news.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:18 AM

7,171 posts, read 9,963,640 times
CaliforniaLove, since you mentioned cost of living is not a factor - I would choose New York, then LA, then Chicagoland. However if cost is a factor then Chicagoland allows you to get a much nicer place for less money.

I like the variety of the terrain and communities in New York & the Los Angeles metro areas. Both border the ocean, the mountains, and have interesting communities. In the New York area- there is a big difference between a New Jersey shore town, a classic New England town in Connecticut (complete with village green lol) or a historic village along the Hudson village (like Sleepy Hollow!).

The weather. I would suppose that the majority of Americans would prefer LAs nice weather. Personally I like the winter - for a few months anyway lol - and I do not mind NY or Chicago for that reason.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 AM

4,180 posts, read 13,083,735 times
NYC. All three are relatively expensive so I would give up the car and hoof it with transit. NYC has the best by far.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:50 AM

1,990 posts, read 6,990,022 times
I picked NYC ( cuz that's where I'm from! ) though, I wouldn't mind living in the other areas. I wouldn't live in LA proper, like Rach said, about an hour away. I would live in Chicago, but it is too damn cold for me in the winter.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 AM

5,642 posts, read 8,005,902 times
I am from NYC so I would pick there. Chicago would be my second choice. LA not at all. I don't want to be anywhere that doesn't have 4 seasons. Why I hate living in Florida.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:22 AM

2,602 posts, read 4,331,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I saw on tv a guy taking a tour of downtown on the canals. that looked like it would be fun. I think I would want to do that if I ever decide to visit Chicago.

When I went to NYC I never saw any rats. That would totally ruin my trip to if that happened to me.

Does Chicago have anything comparable to Central Park?
No.
It does have Millenium Park but it is not nearly as cool as Central Park is.

I would choose NYC with Chicago second and LA if only for the weather.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:18 AM

4,308 posts, read 11,842,233 times
NONE of the above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or