U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Out of the Big 3 Metro's which one would you Live if cost of Living isn't a Issue?
New York(Greater New York) 74 45.12%
Los Angeles (Greater LA) 47 28.66%
Chicago (ChicagoLand) 62 37.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:44 PM

784 posts, read 2,051,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Name one It could be a Suburb,You know LA is all about the Burbs.as for RV and SB Counties are there own Independent Metro, but In the CSA They counted those counties with LA but RV and SB Are Actually there own Metro Inland Empire.The Map show the only Area of Population that counts toward LA CSA Population b/c nobody really live in Eastern SB and RV Counties its all Desert.

I understand what your saying in just the LA metropolitan there is 12.9 million. But when they add all five counties into the larger CSA, the counties of LA, Orange, San Bernadino, Riverside, and Ventura you have 17.6. You asked what cities are included, just to name a few that are there own Santa Anna, Long Beach, Anaheim, and San Bernadino. All these are cities by themself. So dont act like all of the population count of LA is all suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM

7,141 posts, read 9,925,452 times
Quote:
I Understand but it's true NY depends on other states for their Metro population why cant their metro just stay in NY like NY-Rochester or something?People say its b/c NY Wants to stay the most Populous Metro.
"People say its b/c NY Wants to stay the most Populous Metro"
The Federal government says that NY is the most populous metro.

Put it like this Californialove. If Ventura county and Orange county were not part of California and instead part of other states - do you think the LA metro area would be divided into three parts? Did not these two counties grow primarily because they were near Los Angeles?

This is exactly what happened in the NY metro area on a larger scale. Both Connecticut and New Jersey had some older cities already in the area already (Newark, Patterson, Elizabeth, Bridgeport, New Haven etc). But the bulk of the growth came from being near NYC.

Far from being a disadvantage both Connecticut and New Jersey have allowed roads and railroads to be built so they could siphon some of the business and people out of the city. Both are among the wealthiest states in the United States.

Hmm maybe Orange and Ventura should break away LOL! JK!!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:16 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,234,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I understand what your saying in just the LA metropolitan there is 12.9 million. But when they add all five counties into the larger CSA, the counties of LA, Orange, San Bernadino, Riverside, and Ventura you have 17.6. You asked what cities are included, just to name a few that are there own Santa Anna, Long Beach, Anaheim, and San Bernadino. All these are cities by themself. So dont act like all of the population count of LA is all suburbs.
Never said that all the population count of LA is all Suburbs, but you just Named all the Major cities in the CSA Metro,And Most of the cities you named aren't 1 hour away from Each other.
Example Anaheim,Santa Anna, And Long Beach are only 30 Mins away from each other,And Long Beach is only 25 mins from Downtown LA.By the way These cities aren't even suburbs their cities in OC and LB being the LA County City.I Really don't know why were Arguing.(Its b/c I'm from California Right and I Have something to do with Knocking out 4 Million Pop of their Metro So LA Looks Bigger Right?)- I Accidentally Pasted the MSA of NY Are we Actually Arguing over this b/c this is a waste of Time How Pathetic We are.

Last edited by californialove24; 01-18-2009 at 08:35 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
"People say its b/c NY Wants to stay the most Populous Metro"
The Federal government says that NY is the most populous metro.

Put it like this Californialove. If Ventura county and Orange county were not part of California and instead part of other states - do you think the LA metro area would be divided into three parts? Did not these two counties grow primarily because they were near Los Angeles?

This is exactly what happened in the NY metro area on a larger scale. Both Connecticut and New Jersey had some older cities already in the area already (Newark, Patterson, Elizabeth, Bridgeport, New Haven etc). But the bulk of the growth came from being near NYC.

Far from being a disadvantage both Connecticut and New Jersey have allowed roads and railroads to be built so they could siphon some of the business and people out of the city. Both are among the wealthiest states in the United States.

Hmm maybe Orange and Ventura should break away LOL! JK!!
Maybe Riverside and San Bernandino should Break away, I mean by them selves there the 14th ,most populous Metro alone.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe Riverside and San Bernandino should Break away, I mean by them selves there the 14th ,most populous Metro alone.
Lol and they certainly have enough land area. San Bernandino alone is larger than some of our states!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM

784 posts, read 2,051,693 times
Quote:
Never said that but you just Named all the Major cities in the CSA Metro,And Most of the cities you named aren't 1 hour away from Each other.
Example Anaheim,Santa Anna, And Long Beach are only 30 Mins away from each other,And Long Beach is only 25 mins from Downtown LA.

You acted as if outside of LA everything was a suburb. You asked me to name some cities, so I did. Besides, there are many smaller cities counted in the CSA that are more than an hour away. LA is a big city. I only pointed out that they count other big cities as well in their CSA. Not just suburbs. NY does the same with cities like Jersey city, Newark, Yonkers, etc. All very large cities are doing this now. I dont think it's just LA. I think all CSA population estimates are very misleading. Look at Cleveland, they gobble up Akron, which is its own city and metropolis. Most of these cities are doing this anymore. I think metro stats alone define a city a bit better. CSA's tend to go to far, and have become very misleading with their population estimates. It's a way to get more money from the government for funding of programs. The more people you can count, the more money you can get.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Lol and they certainly have enough land area. San Bernandino alone is larger than some of our states!
No Doubt San Bernandino looks like 1 Nickel of Texas.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM

Its interesting that you mentioned San Bernadino and Riverside being a separate metro. This is not the first time I heard this on CD. Do people in the LA area think of those counties as being different? Maybe kind of too far from LA?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Its interesting that you mentioned San Bernadino and Riverside being a separate metro. This is not the first time I heard this on CD. Do people in the LA area think of those counties as being different? Maybe kind of too far from LA?
I'm from O.C but i Think only Western SB and RV Counties should be part of LA Metro Eastern Rv and SB Counties is a Desert Bowl with no people even living there.They should Make a different county for Eastern SB and RV- (Like Desert County for Eastern SB and Jousha Tree County for Eastern RV County) Counties and just Keep Western Rv and SB Counties were there is Population. I Think RV-SB Metro is the 5th Fastest Growing Metro in America.( I Don't know why they Made RV and SB Counties so Huge its a waste they should just change Eastern Sb and Rv Counties to Unknown Territory.)
Here's a Pic of What populaton that does count toward LA Metro and its all Western SB and RV Counties b/c nobody live in far Eastern Counties.So this is where most of the Pop is in the Riverside-San Bernandino as you can its near the O.C. and L.A. County Lines These are the only parts that should count towards L.A. Metro b/c Everything else is all Desert.

Last edited by californialove24; 01-18-2009 at 08:51 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 09:31 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,786,445 times
LA without a thought. Straight to LA. Well if I was a little older and got a good paying job. But if housing was waaay cheaper DEFINATELY LA hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or