U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM

3,399 posts, read 4,806,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofhere77 View Post
Its amazing how many people talk about south Florida, and I guess so many of us can't be wrong. I am stuck in south Florida, and I really HATE IT. I have lived in many places (Chicago, San Diego, Pensacola, Jacksonville NC), but South Florida is the worst. People are rude, superficial, selfish, and dont have any idea of how to drive a car. Cost of living is very high and wages are very low, which presents a big problem for a lot of people just trying to survive. There are a lot of elderly people (Retirement area), racist cubans, ghetto blacks, and many illegal immigrants that make this place a living hell... and no, I am not racist nor I am white, I am a LEGAL immigrant (I had to wait 9 years to get my residence) but is the sad truth, not even in the Chicago projects I've ever found people so rude and aggresive
Wow! I hadn't heard anyone this upset with living in Florida before! I lived in the state briefly in 2001 and did notice that the wages were pretty low. Outside of that and the stifiling humidity I enjoyed my stay there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM

3,399 posts, read 4,806,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
Lake Havasu city, Arizona. Hottest city in the country I believe.5 months of 100+ temps, can be 105 @ 10 pm ?, its brutal !

Prolly real difficult to sell right now, looking to move to Cali, Corona maybe Oceanside maybe.I like the puget sound area (I'm very outdoorsy), wife won't do it though............I'm from Long Island and I miss the island !
I have to agree that Lake Havasu is one of, if not the, hottest cities in the state...besides Yuma. Hard to figure with the Colorado river running through it that it would be soooooo hot there.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:33 PM

410 posts, read 700,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Wow! I hadn't heard anyone this upset with living in Florida before! I lived in the state briefly in 2001 and did notice that the wages were pretty low. Outside of that and the stifiling humidity I enjoyed my stay there.
Florida sucks - well, South Florida - I can't speak for the rest of the state. High cost of living combined with low wages, suffocating weather and you had better be bilingual if you want to get hired.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM

38 posts, read 42,043 times
Anywhere in the deep south is bad.. very ill-informed, bigoted, narrow-minded people. First and last thing I heard was,"what church do y'all attend?". Did not hear anything more from them after I responded, "Don't attend any church. Where can I pick up a case of cold Bud, buddy?"

Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 AM

22,383 posts, read 27,584,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
I have to agree that Lake Havasu is one of, if not the, hottest cities in the state...besides Yuma. Hard to figure with the Colorado river running through it that it would be soooooo hot there.
The Colorado River (which is not that big of a river) is not going to do much to cool off a low-elevation desert!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:59 AM

22,383 posts, read 27,584,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Stuck somewhere I'm not crazy about?

Yes, Planet Earth! My bags are packed, I'm ready to move on!

Where can I catch a plane for Mars!!!
When you move to Mars, be sure to bring plenty of oxygen (atmosphere is too thin for humans to breathe), water and food!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:21 AM

410 posts, read 700,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLover View Post
Anywhere in the deep south is bad.. very ill-informed, bigoted, narrow-minded people. First and last thing I heard was,"what church do y'all attend?". Did not hear anything more from them after I responded, "Don't attend any church. Where can I pick up a case of cold Bud, buddy?"
This has been my experience, as well. Also, I find the wages much lower in the South.

Rents are cheaper, but wages are crap.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,674,197 times
I am stuck in Raleigh, NC and I am not very happy here. I am moving back to TX as soon as I can, which will probably be within the next 6-8 months.

There is only 1 thing keeping me here. That is my martial arts gym, have not found one as good in TX.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM

2,372 posts, read 4,452,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The problem is the air quality won't likely improve anytime soon due to all the old coal plants and industry grandfathered in. You can thank Duke and AEP for that. The bad air quality makes other allergy and sinus issues worse for a good percentage of the population.
Duke sucks.

Christian Laettner unloved in Kentucky

Old 09-08-2011, 09:37 PM

3,191 posts, read 4,136,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLover View Post
I love the Deep South, wanna trade places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.