Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 01:18 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesHotGirl View Post
who cares how they view us?? Seriously no one in California thinks about other places in the U.S really we have it all here..no one ever sits there and says "i wonder whats going on in NY" or "wonder what the weathers like in ATL" ...it just DOESNT happen...we live in a bubble of 36 million in the most powerful state in the nation...deal with it
again, when one talks about being insulated, shallow, self-absorbed, egocentric, geocentric, and all-around-fake...a contender such as above appears on the scene...an obvious contender has emerged for the title of "queen of the village idiots!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 05:24 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
again, when one talks about being insulated, shallow, self-absorbed, egocentric, geocentric, and all-around-fake...a contender such as above appears on the scene...an obvious contender has emerged for the title of "queen of the village idiots!"

Great post!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:02 AM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times
I didn't read this entire thread but I will add my 2 cents.

California is a place that I want to visit, not live. I think there is an abudance of natural beauty and activities. I also think that California has good metro areas with plenty of culture and activities. I don't think someone is rude just because they are from California. I think there are rude people everywhere in the country, its not a California thing. A bunch of good people in California, but I prefer my part of the country.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
The people I've met from California have generally been cool, laid-back people.

If I had to think of a negative, it would be that my acquaintances talk incessantly about California. It is not a sense of "pride" so much as it is an attitude. It is generally tolerable until you get into a discussion about the differences of California vs. the South. I have not yet met a Californian who didn't want to go back home; they seem to have moral objections to many of the fun things you can do in the south, and we seem to have moral objections to many of the fun things that Californians want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesHotGirl View Post
who cares how they view us?? Seriously no one in California thinks about other places in the U.S really we have it all here..no one ever sits there and says "i wonder whats going on in NY" or "wonder what the weathers like in ATL" ...it just DOESNT happen...we live in a bubble of 36 million in the most powerful state in the nation...deal with it
^ I think this sums up the California attitude quite nicely. A bubble, indeed.

Last edited by le roi; 04-16-2009 at 07:40 AM..

Old 04-16-2009, 10:02 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
it is people like you that play jokes over the phone......

i guarantee you would not say it to his face

that is the cali fakeness coming through.

FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!
I guarantee you like to make assumptions. What is fake about it? It's called being passive aggressive and people do it here all the time. We're not as uptight as and in your face as East Coast people but that doesn't mean were fake.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
The people I've met from California have generally been cool, laid-back people.

If I had to think of a negative, it would be that my acquaintances talk incessantly about California. It is not a sense of "pride" so much as it is an attitude. It is generally tolerable until you get into a discussion about the differences of California vs. the South. I have not yet met a Californian who didn't want to go back home; they seem to have moral objections to many of the fun things you can do in the south, and we seem to have moral objections to many of the fun things that Californians want to do.

^ I think this sums up the California attitude quite nicely. A bubble, indeed.
yep, my gf is from cali and wants to go back home... the bible belt does not match up well with "SF values" as the religious right would put it.

^ I think it is more like (at least in my experience), in east coast and west coast maybe not as nice to your face, but they will accept you, vs. in the south could be overly nice to your face, but won't really accept you at all.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:03 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,695,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
yep, my gf is from cali and wants to go back home... the bible belt does not match up well with "SF values" as the religious right would put it.

^ I think it is more like (at least in my experience), in east coast and west coast maybe not as nice to your face, but they will accept you, vs. in the south could be overly nice to your face, but won't really accept you at all.
Yeah you are totally right.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 AM

1,694 posts, read 5,679,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
the whole state of cali only has 36 million people? LOL

the nyc metro has 21,961,994
the philly metro has 6,385,461
total is 28,347,455

philly and nyc are only a one hour and fifteen minute drive away from each other

how long would it take you to get from one end of cali to the other? Atleast a whole day
Yeah most people live in one of 4 metro areas and it takes about 13/14 hours to drive from Crescent City (Cali/Oregon border) to San Diego.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:21 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXclimberX View Post
I agree, the south is literally on the same level as many 2nd world nations. More comparable to living in a former republic of the Soviet Union.
Given all the intravenous drug users in that dump also known as Vancouver, I doubt you should be calling anywhere else 2nd world

Old 04-17-2009, 07:26 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,188 times
Pretentious, up tight, a-holes who think too much of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.