U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2007, 12:15 AM

25 posts, read 122,079 times

Advertisements

Do Southern People view Californians rude or friendly?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 AM

795 posts, read 2,083,604 times
Smile Cal-a-phonie here we is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Do Southern People view Californians
{ Hey Okie. If you see Arkie,

Tell him Tex has gotta a job for him out in Caliphonie..

Pickin’ up prunes.

Squeezing oil outa olives” }

U b a young whippersnaper EH!

Who do you think most of them Cal-a-phonies are? Be winter - out to Cal-a-phonie - be summer - be planting time and drawing them Caliphonie unemployment checks way down in Dixie.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:31 AM

1,418 posts, read 6,387,729 times
I've met both rude and friendly. More friendly ones, though, and they've been a joy to get to know.

I'm an NC native and I think it boils down to how newcommers in general present themselves here. If you come here open and friendly, you'll get the same back and will be welcomed. But if you come here (as some here say, "Actin' stupid") saying, "Well, this is how we do it in NJ/NY/CA/ect", act rude, treat us like idiots, try to change the area/who we are, and all of these things, it wont' go over well at all. It would be the same if we relocated to your area acting that way. Sure, there are a very few who are still hung up on the Civil War thing and a few who are rude and don't like any newcommers. But you'll find people like that in every region of the nation.

But, by in large, we embrace those who come here. I mean, NC/SC are great places to live!!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:06 AM

364 posts, read 397,617 times
I am not Southern, but live part time in Florida so my opinion may or may not count here.

Of coarse this is a generalazation because we know not everyone is the same.

The born and raised Cali folks are tend to be more down to Earth.

The folks that are not from there and move out there I have found to be a little more rude. Kind of like 'I have arrived!'

Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,670,721 times
Without meeting a Californian, one would say they are rude and snobbish. For the longest time I bet a Californian couldnt point NC out on a map, "why do I need to, California is all there is." A Laguna Beach snob or an LA thug.

When I was growing up, thought everything was in California. Now it seems people are leaving the state in droves.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:09 PM

469 posts, read 2,557,965 times
I've known lots of Californians, good and bad (mostly good). My impressions are that Californians are...

... fun-loving and personable.
... more likely than not, bisexual.
... multiracial.
... shallow.
... vegetarians and/or health nuts
... a bit whiney.

Oddly enough, I haven't known Californians to be too arrogant, but the Washington Staters I knew certainly were ("My family had a maid! My house has six bedrooms! My car cost half a mil!" Who cares?).

Old 03-10-2007, 07:16 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,465,913 times
Heaven forbid! I can't believe people think some of these things of Californians. I am one and will always be one even though I live in the South. I'm a Yankee to the southerners. That just so cracks me up, I can't help but laugh at them.

People are snobbish, rude, arrogant, bi-sexual, and pathetic everywhere. Grant it, California is no longer like it was when I lived there in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. It's a shame, but then again, this whole country is not the same as it was in those decades.

Mississippienne, you should hear how the people in Dallas and other parts of Texas as well talk about their material things. Even the ones that live in podunk have to have stuff! I guess it's a status symbol or something. My pool, my million dollar home, my children's private school, the country club, my $500 gown, the expensive restaurant, the Mercedes or Lexus, etc. A bit pretentious, I presume, like the ones from Washington state of which you speak. I have a friend in WA and all she thinks about is her money. I'm afraid some people wouldn't have much self-esteem unless they have the big bucks. Oh well, I'll never know.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:13 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,129,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Do Southern People view Californians rude or friendly?
I think they're exotic and fascinating.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:41 AM

2 posts, read 7,346 times
Default California?

Well I was born here in East L.A. till i was 2 and raised in the best state which would be Texas! yee-haa. anyways I love California-----the area----the people are a different story. Rude, they think they own and are the Definition of what all american should be. Anyways lof course there are always nice people but for the most part.....FAKE PEOPLE!!!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:17 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,598,142 times
I was born in Arkansas. I like 'em, and am gonna be one, moving to San Diego this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or