U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:07 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,451,261 times

Advertisements

With all the talk about Southern friendliness and the Northeast blunt personalities, how are the people from the West percieved? We never hear anything about this and Im not talking about just California people cause there are many other Western states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 PM

550 posts, read 1,972,404 times
We're supposed to be "laid back," whatever that's supposed to mean.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM

7,131 posts, read 9,898,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
With all the talk about Southern friendliness and the Northeast blunt personalities, how are the people from the West percieved? We never hear anything about this and Im not talking about just California people cause there are many other Western states.
Good question.

The only things I can think of (and I realize this is a stereotype) is independent, rugged, self reliant survivalists. People who know the outdoors like the back of the hand.

If all hell breaks lose it will be Westerners who come through it all right.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 AM

304 posts, read 828,728 times
people from all over the country treated me better when they saw my california license plate in states like ohio,new york, conneticut...etc

and once i started talking alot of them started asking me all these questions about what its like to live here ..generally a good response

Old 01-19-2009, 12:29 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,719,530 times
Quote:
Wtf are you talking about? We're blunt? If anything Westerners are the most blunt people in the country.

In the Northeast, we're proudly obnoxious and arrogant.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
people from all over the country treated me better when they saw my california license plate in states like ohio,new york, conneticut...etc

and once i started talking alot of them started asking me all these questions about what its like to live here ..generally a good response
Funny because you've never been to NY or CT. And you drove from CA to Ohio? CA to Connecticut? Yeah right.

If it's one thing daddy the lawyer has taught me, it's to detect lies like this. You've repetitively exposed your hatred of New York and everything around it... And you use Ohio as a little escape route to make it sound like you're not just picking at the NYC area.

You drove from CA to CT? And people engaged in conversations with you about California as you got out of your vehicle?

Haha what a jerkoff

Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,451,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futcha View Post
Wtf are you talking about? We're blunt? If anything Westerners are the most blunt people in the country.

In the Northeast, we're proudly obnoxious and arrogant.

you know wtf im saying, this is not my opinion but more like a general perception, yall are blunt and stait forward from what I hear, everyone is on this North/South thing so Im curious how the West is percieved.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
you know wtf im saying, this is not my opinion but more like a general perception, yall are blunt and stait forward from what I hear, everyone is on this North/South thing so Im curious how the West is percieved.
Pal I don't know what you mean by that. You're saying we're dull that's exactly what you're saying. Blunt = dull. Dull = everybody in the west.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:59 AM

1,196 posts, read 4,339,452 times
Calm down futcha. Blunt does not mean dull. IMO, blunt means direct or no BS.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:16 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,263,628 times
Did you see Legally Blond? There are some typical stereotypes in that movie...it's ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or