U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 01:46 PM

1,992 posts, read 6,035,125 times

Advertisements

I'm convinced that Ann Coulter is the greatest troll of all time. She is like an even more bombastic, covert version of Stephen Colbert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 02:14 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,152,690 times
Ann Coulter is a man in drag.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:26 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Ann Coulter is a man in drag.
I saw a picture of her wearing a pretty tight busines skirt/suit. She must use the "tuck n hide" method.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,152,690 times
^LOL! That must be it. He/she hides it well.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 PM

4,229 posts, read 15,410,314 times
Ed Gein, he's from a town about 45 minutes north of me. As well as Dahmer, The place Dahmer was murdered is literally 5 minutes down the road from me.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:58 AM

8,155 posts, read 18,625,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Is she including them too?????? 50% of children today are being raised by "single" women, be they never married, divorced, or widowed. It is a fact of life today. Just having a married father and mother doesn't make for an ideal life for a child. That is a crock. Been there, done that, from a CHILD'S perspective. Better to have ONLY a Mom.

It seems to be me that someone who has never even been married, let alone a mother, she has no credibility.
Yea, how about the lady in California who just had octuplets via artificial insemination (AKA Turkey Baster) with no husband, no job and no way to support herself.

Oh and she already has 6 kids. Yea, those kids will grow up balanced productive individuals..
LOS ANGELES – The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said...

"It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married."

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with having kids - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets - broken link)

Nice.

In that light, Ann makes a lot of sense. If some of you actually read the book before you make a decision/judgement you would see she's not talking about widows and divorcees. But that would take some honesty and integrity.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,970,555 times
Default That woman is an idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Yea, how about the lady in California who just had octuplets via artificial insemination (AKA Turkey Baster) with no husband, no job and no way to support herself.

Oh and she already has 6 kids. Yea, those kids will grow up balanced productive individuals..
LOS ANGELES The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through in vitro fertilization, is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said...

"It can't go on any longer," she said in a phone interview Friday. "She's got six children and no husband. I was brought up the traditional way. I firmly believe in marriage. But she didn't want to get married."

Grandma: Octuplets mom obsessed with having kids - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets - broken link)

Nice.

In that light, Ann makes a lot of sense. If some of you actually read the book before you make a decision/judgement you would see she's not talking about widows and divorcees. But that would take some honesty and integrity.
She is an extreme case. You want shotgun weddings? That doesn't work. Abortion or adoption are better options than shotgun wedding.

Many decades ago I knew a couple with 5 kids. They had been together for 25 years and were never married. They both said they didn't believe in it. I suppose back then most states would have considered them to have a common law marriage. Very few states today recognize that, but there are people who stay together, raise kids, and don't have that piece of paper. I can remember them saying to me, "We made our commitment to each other, and nobody else."

Besides which, divorcees and widows are raising kids without fathers present. What is the difference? Just the fact that at ONE TIME they had a marriage certificate? My Grandma, born in 1900 and widowed at 34 with two small kids, used to say, "No man is better than a bad man". She raised them all alone and never remarried.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 AM

8,155 posts, read 18,625,072 times
Quote:
She is an extreme case. You want shotgun weddings? That doesn't work. Abortion or adoption are better options than shotgun wedding.
Adoption maybe, but killing a child because it's "inconvenient"? No sorry, can't buy that.

Quote:
Many decades ago I knew a couple with 5 kids. They had been together for 25 years and were never married. They both said they didn't believe in it. I suppose back then most states would have considered them to have a common law marriage. Very few states today recognize that, but there are people who stay together, raise kids, and don't have that piece of paper. I can remember them saying to me, "We made our commitment to each other, and nobody else."
Okay, so she wasn't a single mother? She didn't have a child via turkey baster. She didn't think that a "man" was not needed in the home. She didn't think a "father" was not needed?

That's the whole point and it seems they agree with Ann more than you do.

Quote:
Besides which, divorcees and widows are raising kids without fathers present. What is the difference? Just the fact that at ONE TIME they had a marriage certificate?
What's the difference? You really don't see the difference between a woman saying "who needs a daddy" or "I don't need no man" and someone getting a divorce? In most cases the children still have a father in the divorce. In most cases the "mother" gets support for the children.

The fathers ARE still present. It's not ideal, but it's totally foreign to the concept of "get out the turkey baster and have a child without any thought of a father".

You can argue just to be right and justify your own family history (Mine as well) and remain obtuse...or you can at least have some intellectual honesty and say that the best scenario is a mom and dad. It's not rocket science.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 AM

159 posts, read 477,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
actually she was born in McComb, Mississippi

I LOVE her!

for my state of Virginia- Michael Vick

Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 AM

808 posts, read 3,276,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
For Texas
Tom Delay
I can beat that...

I'm embarrassed that Tom Delay is an alum of my high school!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or