U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:28 AM

4,552 posts, read 13,464,766 times

Advertisements

This is what P.Diddy has to say-

Diddy continued his emotional post saying "I feel blessed that I'm able to see this moment. I'm on Team Obama, I'm on Team USA, I'm on Team Black America -- I want to be greater than I am right now. And I want you to be greater. I want us to be greater."

new Jay Z song--Young Jeezy ft. Jay-Z - My President Is Black (Remix)

Im tired of all this already,he's black but so what we are all Americans and like P Diddy said he is on side Black America,it shouldnt even be about that, you dont see people all fanatic over Bush when he became president and people saying "Im on side White America", Im half Spanish and White and I dont think its right to like one person over another cause he is a minority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:44 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,716,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post

Diddy continued his emotional post saying "I feel blessed that I'm able to see this moment. I'm on Team Obama, I'm on Team USA, I'm on Team Black America -- I want to be greater than I am right now. And I want you to be greater. I want us to be greater."

Im tired of all this already,he's black but so what we are all Americans and like P Diddy said he is on side Black America,it shouldnt even be about that, you dont see people all fanatic over Bush when he became president and people saying "Im on side White America", Im half Spanish and White and I dont think its right to like one person over another cause he is a minority.
Hmm....I wonder how people would react if someone like Toby Keith said "Im on team White America" after Bush, or Clinton won??....lol.
I don't think too well, so doesn't those disagreeing with this theory also confim them as hipocrits? More power to the President, but if racism becomes an issue again rather than something of the past then I'd hate to be on the side with less population.....

Old 01-21-2009, 01:50 AM

3,509 posts, read 7,322,950 times
People in my area was very happy about the event. I should also say my area is predominately democrate.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:31 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,218,831 times
Quote:

P Diddy's just a damn idiot, period. Same goes for figures like Rev. Wright/Sharpton/Jackson, etc. They just stir controversy.

I think the comments/actions by some of them militant attitudes tarnish some moments for the more genuine population.

Last edited by thatguy1; 01-21-2009 at 05:52 AM..

Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM

6,490 posts, read 16,173,766 times
I was at work in Manhattan during the inaug. NYC and my home Hudson County voted overwhelmingly for Obama. So I think there was more than just a little bit of excitement in the air. Soon after the swearing in I was on the subway. As I passed the station attendant's booth, I looked at the two women inside and said, "We have a new President, ladies." Their reply was something along the lines of "Thank ya lawwwd!"

Old 01-21-2009, 08:57 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,926,139 times
Quote:
Im sure they are excited here except for the whole side of Eastern New Mexico which McCain won, but since most people in this country see him as The Beatles or Elvis or God Im sure there are people out there sacraficing their lives for him right now.

this guy has some crazy fans, even the rappers and other celebs are all over his nuts like they have a key to the nation now.
I was in down town Atlanta yesterday and I would say the people were happier. I really do agree with you on this "I'm Black and now I'm gonna do better in life, starting today" mentality that I'm seeing on tv from other Blacks...I do get the excitement because this is history but some rappers/entertainers act like Obama will appoint Jay-Z or Nas to his staff. It's the first time though, so I understand a little. It's going to be crazy when the first native-American become president.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:05 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,218,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I was in down town Atlanta yesterday and I would say the people were happier. I really do agree with you on this "I'm Black and now I'm gonna do better in life, starting today" mentality that I'm seeing on tv from other Blacks...I do get the excitement because this is history but some rappers/entertainers act like Obama will appoint Jay-Z or Nas to his staff. It's the first time though, so I understand a little. It's going to be crazy when the first native-American become president.
Good call. What I don't get is why so many school children (black) are being interviewed and 9 out of ten times they say, "now I know I can do whatever I want in life". No sh*t? Their parents never told them that?

Anyone of any race has had the opportunity to do whatever they are qualified to do for decades.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 AM

3,628 posts, read 9,218,043 times
I too live in Chicago.

How do you THINK we feel?

Old 01-21-2009, 09:20 AM

6,967 posts, read 18,224,200 times
^^^ chicago must be a great place to be right about now!

we're buzzin over here too. i still virtually see obama stickers/posters everywhere.
he's almost too hip.

uber-hip president

Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM

8,900 posts, read 13,255,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
But you have to think of who they always had to look up to. Rappers and sports stars. There were some blacks who held high positions in this country, but not many at all. Now younger kids will see there's a black President and say that they want to have that job some day. In the past, at least in the bad areas of NYC, most kids saw pimps and hustlers in fancy clothes and cars and said they want to be like them. Now they can look up to someone who plays a positive role in people's lives and the country. I teach in the south Bronx, so trust me, I see the types of people my kids have looked up to in the past...now they all look up to Obama and have lots of ideas about what they want to be. I ask them why and they tell me it's because a black man is President. Nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or