Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Columbia, Missouri is north central
Wow!! That's the Bee's Knees bro!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 09:32 PM

181 posts, read 849,338 times
Southwest: Austin or maybe posh suburb/enclave of Dallas or Houston

South: French Quarter in NOLA or Miami

West: L.A., duh

Midwest: St. Louis

Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,392,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Wow!! That's the Bee's Knees bro!!
I'm not quite sure I follow....the north central region of the United States also happens to be known as the Midwest (Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.)

Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 PM

718 posts, read 2,325,071 times
Northeast- Larchmont
Southeast- Montauk
Midwest- Astoria
Southwest- Breezy Point
West- Upper West Side
Northwest- Croton on Hudson

Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,827,879 times
North East- Pittsburgh
South East- Probably some smaller city in North Carolina
Mid West- St. Louis
South West- I really don't know
West- A smaller city in Colorado
Pacific North West- Portland or Seattle

Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Oklahoma City is not the Midwest. If anything, it's the mid-South or western south.
Oklahoma City practically surrounds Midwest City, Oklahoma.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Northeast - A large mansion on a hill in the Hudson Valley with a clear view of the Catskills. Will update last name by putting "Van" in front of it. Must be exempt from all state, county and local taxes. Must have butler with a British accent.
Southeast - A large mansion (preferably a classic Gone with the Wind type) with a large driveway lined with tall trees drapping with moss. Must have access to "town" preferably Charleston or Savannah. Central air is a must!
Midwest - A "camp" (actually a large mansion) in the North woods of Wisconsin, Michigan or Minnesota. Must have a small lake of at least 10,000 acres on property. Local peasants will be allowed to hunt, fish and chop wood in return for giving me most of the proceeds. Must have air strip for easy access to Chicago or Minneapolis.
Northwest - A ranch (actually a large mansion) directly next to a large National Park. Grand Teton/Yellowstone area in Wyoming will due. Must get local Congressman to get law passed allowing me to hunt local endangered wildlife in said parks. Parks must be closed during my safaris so peasants do not scare game while I am hunting.
Southwest - A mission (actually a large mansion with surrounding adobe homes for peasant serfs) overlooking a small section of the Pacific coastline of California. A 100 mile section will due. Beach must be closed to peasants (especially annoying children). Trespassing surfers and Valley girls will be shot on sight.

On some of this I might be kidding lol. I think you can figure out my real answers.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,392,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Oklahoma City practically surrounds Midwest City, Oklahoma.
Yes, I realize that...the only thing is Midwest City, Oklahoma, is not culturally Midwestern in any sense of the word. I have been there..it has far more in common with Texas than with any cities of the 12 conventional Midwestern states. People there talk with a Southern dialect...it is on the Southern Plains. Oklahoma is best described as a Southern state with Southwestern and Midwestern influences.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:48 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Northeast - Saranac Lake, NY
Southeast - Greenville, NC or Charlotte
Midwest - Minneapolis
Southwest - Tucson or Las Vegas
West - Boise, ID
Pacific Northwest- Eureka, CA or Astoria, OR

Old 01-22-2009, 02:58 AM

2,441 posts, read 7,008,155 times
Quote:
Oklahoma City is not the Midwest. If anything, it's the mid-South or western south.
If you claim Columbia, Missouri is in the North Central region, as opposed to just the Central region of the country, then Oklahoma City is very much in the Midwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.