U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 05:33 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,147,348 times

Advertisements

Newark... This was one of the worst out of all the ones i heard,
This was back in 2006 or 07

At a ELEMANTARY SCHOOL
three college students (i think all boys) were forced to kneel in front of a wall behind the elemantary school and were shot in the back of the head and killed. one other girl was shot in the back of the head also but survived, i think thats how they idenified the suspects who did the killings.

They were all latin immigrants i believe.

**another one would be back when i went to high school there, i went to a public school :O.. Any way, there was a group of kids at a highschoool, i think Westside High (i went to Arts High) and the kids beat up and killed 2 new freshmen ("on accident") so they hid the bodies in a basement of an abandoned house

Last edited by Newarkbomb; 01-22-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 05:51 PM

350 posts, read 1,016,538 times
Fresno, CA - Marcus Wesson - sick religious wack job killed all nine of his children, that he had with his nieces and daughters.
Chowchilla CA - Chowchilla bus kidnapping - about 30 years ago 3 guys hijacked a school bus and drove it to a quarry where all students and bus driver were buried underground and left to die. Luckily they all escaped. They still try to get out on parole but never make it.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:58 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,869,197 times
I live in Birmingham, so I would say the police action against the Civil Rights protesters during the 60s, and nothing comes even close.

When I moved here 15 years ago, I was really expecting to find the same stuff going on, and was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere. Much more congenial than Chicago, with true progress. Hey, it's not paradise, but what American city is?

So now, having lived here a long time, I'm amazed to travel elsewhere and hear people bring that stuff up as if it happened yesterday, not 43 years ago. I mean, Birmingham is a major medical research center, particularly in the area of AIDS and Cancer. If some scientist discovered the cure for cancer in Birmingham, I'm fairly certain the national news would find some way to shoehorn the archive footage of the firehoses from the 1960s into the report.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM

6,967 posts, read 18,253,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
Newark... This was one of the worst out of all the ones i heard,
This was back in 2006 or 07

At a ELEMANTARY SCHOOL
three college students (i think all boys) were forced to kneel in front of a wall behind the elemantary school and were shot in the back of the head and killed. one other girl was shot in the back of the head also but survived, i think thats how they idenified the suspects who did the killings.

They were all latin immigrants i believe.

**another one would be back when i went to high school there, i went to a public school :O.. Any way, there was a group of kids at a highschoool, i think Westside High (i went to Arts High) and the kids beat up and killed 2 new freshmen ("on accident") so they hid the bodies in a basement of an abandoned house

really? not to be insensitive, but i thought you guys would directly suffer from 911 too. no?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:35 PM

3,096 posts, read 6,790,573 times
Waco, TX

May 11, 1953.......F5 tornado kills 114 people and almost levels downtown Waco.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Tornado

July 1982.........Triple Murders at Lake Waco
http://www.lakewacomurders.com/

February 28 - April 19, 1993..........Branch Davidian Siege (76 Killed)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege

June 2003......Baylor Basketball Murder and NCAA scandal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_...etball_scandal

Old 01-22-2009, 07:38 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,147,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
really? not to be insensitive, but i thought you guys would directly suffer from 911 too. no?

New York City and Newark are two diffrent cities, but yes if the WTC was in Newark it would be the worst.

But yes i did suffer from 9-11 pretty bad, i lived in Jersey City at the time in college and i saw the whole thing right over the water. I couldnt sleep for days

Last edited by Newarkbomb; 01-22-2009 at 07:52 PM..

Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 PM

5,642 posts, read 8,001,464 times
Default My sister-in-law has you beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post
i was living in lower manhattan when that happened. i had a clear
view of the 1st plane in the tower when i started driving to my job in n. jersey (stupid me. i should've gotten the hint when army vehicles were flying down the west side highway). when i got to work, the office obviously shut down because of the terrorist activity. then the bridges and tunnels shut down. i was stuck in jersey for 2 days until the tunnels re-opened (i stayed with a co-worker). and it sucked because i couldn't get in touch with my wife in the city..

worst.day.ever.
She works for US Air (lives in Queens) and was "stuck" in Paris for 4 days. Even airline personnel couldn't get back.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:57 PM

19 posts, read 61,900 times
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by beastieboy; 01-22-2009 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: fake login

Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 PM

4,552 posts, read 13,483,354 times
I dont really know about Albuquerque since I've only lived here for almost 4 years now but in 2005 this crazy guy killed 5 random people in one day including 2 cops.

also in 2005 this guy shot down a sheriff's helicopter that was on patrol looking for a burglary suspect, it crashed in someones backyard. No one died,it wasnt all that big of a news story but its odd.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 PM

8,076 posts, read 16,141,093 times
Boston Massacre? Salem Witch Trials? Lizzie Borden Murders ("Lizzie Borden took an axe, gave her mother 40 whacks; when she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41.")? Boston Strangler? Whitey Bulger related murders?

One of the more recent sad ones was when a man opened fire in a strip club killing three because he was jealous of his cocktail waitress girlfriend (early '06 I believe).

We've had our share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or