U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:07 PM

185 posts, read 103,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Umm -- i think Madison has a great college nearby. As for raising kids and education, Madison has traditions of both liberal and conservative political thought well represented in the community. Madison, in summer, has beaches right in town. I doubt if any Carolina city is safer than Madison.
Ironically for Cebuan, Cary, North Carolina is one of the safest cities in the ENTIRE United States for its size.

Cary Once Again Safest City in America – CaryCitizen

"Reports keep rolling in about the high standards of living and business opportunities in Cary. But one of the biggest accolades comes from an FBI report which shows Cary is the safest town of its population size."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 05:14 PM
sub

788 posts, read 408,676 times
NORTH CAROLINA
Number of Crimes

Violent: 34,852

Property: 276,183

Total: 311,035

Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents)

Violent: 3.47

Property: 27.50

Total: 30.97

WISCONSIN
Number of Crimes:

Violent: 17,647

Property: 113,924

Total: 131,571

Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents)

Violent: 3.06

Property: 19.74

Total: 22.80

Just plain safer overall.
Only one of many reasons I prefer Wisconsin. Having lived in both areas of the country, the difference is noticeable.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:30 PM

2,808 posts, read 1,302,111 times
Wisconsin is without a doubt a cleaner and safer state. NC is pretty, but I would rather live in Wisconsin without a doubt.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:37 PM

2,808 posts, read 1,302,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighsocial View Post
Ironically for Cebuan, Cary, North Carolina is one of the safest cities in the ENTIRE United States for its size.

Cary Once Again Safest City in America – CaryCitizen

"Reports keep rolling in about the high standards of living and business opportunities in Cary. But one of the biggest accolades comes from an FBI report which shows Cary is the safest town of its population size."
Well yeah, duh, it is an upper middle class/ upper class suburb with McMansions almost no diversity, of course it is safe lol its an over-sized gated community effectively.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:00 PM

29,934 posts, read 27,365,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Well yeah, duh, it is an upper middle class/ upper class suburb with McMansions almost no diversity, of course it is safe lol its an over-sized gated community effectively.
And Madison is an ice box for half the year with little diversity so of course it's safe.

See how that can work the other way?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:03 PM
sub

Madison actually has a fair amount of diversity. Maybe it doesn't live up to the demands of the diversity-obsessed, if anything. One man's ice box is another man's winter wonderland.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Madison actually has a fair amount of diversity. Maybe it doesn't live up to the demands of the diversity-obsessed, if anything. One man's ice box is another man's winter wonderland.
Cary is actually more diverse than Madison and by Southern/Sunbelt standards, it's not diverse at all so that's saying something.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:23 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Cary is actually more diverse than Madison and by Southern/Sunbelt standards, it's not diverse at all so that's saying something.
Meh. The south and southwest have a vastly different history on that front, so they are more diverse by default. I'm not going to pretend they're more diverse because they've been more open and accepting over the years. Currently, I'm not sure one is dramatically different than the other on that front.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Meh. The south and southwest have a vastly different history on that front, so they are more diverse by default. I'm not going to pretend they're more diverse because they've been more open and accepting over the years. Currently, I'm not sure one is dramatically different than the other on that front.
The Midwest's history isn't too different but apparently Madison was never a center of industry historically like some other similarly-sized Midwestern cities so it wasn't a target city during the Great Migration. At any rate, both cities are pretty darn safe but someone just happened to be mistaken on the specifics earlier in the thread.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:31 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,883,976 times
Why just the two places? We don't have to advertise North Carolina. Want to freeze your tail off in Wisconsin, then that is your place. I find Cary a little too populated. There are plenty of more spacious places to move to in North Carolina. I am not sure how long that will last at the rate people are moving in.

https://www.ncparks.gov/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or