U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Texas
10 posts, read 36,102 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

THE UNITED NATIONS - Che Det

1. Perhaps it would be worthwhile if we read again the Charter of the United Nations (http://www.un.org/aboutun/charter/preamble.shtml - broken link) to see how we and other countries subscribe to and carry out the objectives of the Charter.

Below is the introduction to the Charter;

"We the peoples of the United Nations determined to save succeeding generation from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and to promote social progress and better standard of life in larger freedom, and for these ends to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples, have resolved to combine our efforts to accomplish these aims accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled in the city of San Francisco, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the United Nations and do hereby establish an international organisation to be known as the United Nations."

2. Clearly the United Nations is aimed at saving succeeding generations (we and our children, grand children....) from the scourge of war.

3. Who wars today? Is it us or is it the very country which initiated this Charter, on whose soil the countries of the world gathered to formulate and to sign.





4. Total disregard for the "sorrow to mankind" is shown repeatedly by the United States and Britain.

5. And has the United States shown any "faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small".

6. Look at the millions killed, millions more injured, cities and towns devastated by wars of aggression by the United States, look at the detention without trial and the torture of suspected "terrorists", the sanctions which killed hundreds of thousands of children and many other obvious disregard for fundamental human rights; look at them and ask yourselves what kind of people are the Americans who signed the UN Charter.

7. Then there is the obligation "to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law".

8. Have the United States and Britain, the main signatories of the United Nations Charter "established conditions under which justice and respect for .... treaties and international laws".

9. Both countries totally ignored the Charter of the United Nations the treaty that established it, when both warred against Iraq without the approval of the United Nations. Numerous international laws on rights of citizens and non-citizens, imprisonment and torture, international agreements on the environment have been flouted by the United States. Even the authority of the World Court has been rejected by the US.

10. Has the United States promoted social progress and better standards of life? Killing people in order to promote democracy is totally contrary to this undertaking.

11. Has the United States practiced tolerance and lived in peace as good neighbours? Has the United States obeyed the injunction not to use armed force and has it used international machinery for the promotion of economic and social advancement of all people? To all these questions, the answer is a resounding "No"!

12. Truly the United States and at times Britain together with Israel have never honored anything that they have undertaken to do in the Charter of the Untied Nations or at any other time.

13. And yet these two countries often take the high moral ground to preach to other people about human rights, about the rule of law, about respect for international law, about respecting treaties and agreements, about equality and freedoms etc.

14. Never has the world seen hypocrisy on this scale.


Last edited by Bo; 01-21-2009 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: Updated title to make it clearer that this is a quote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Omaha
2,716 posts, read 6,224,098 times
Reputation: 1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post

2. Clearly the United Nations is aimed at saving succeeding generations (we and our children, grand children....) from the scourge of war.
Ya think? Could terrorism be thought of as war?





Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post
4. Total disregard for the "sorrow to mankind" is shown repeatedly by the United States and Britain.


Yeah, complete disregard. We only fund a large portion of the UN, which is largely used as a peacekeeping force, and have sent hundreds of billions of dollars in aid over the years to countries who need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post
5. And has the United States shown any "faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small".


Yeah, find another country who would allow known terroists and associates to go to trial on our buck.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post
6. Look at the millions killed, millions more injured, cities and towns devastated by wars of aggression by the United States, look at the detention without trial and the torture of suspected "terrorists", the sanctions which killed hundreds of thousands of children and many other obvious disregard for fundamental human rights; look at them and ask yourselves what kind of people are the Americans who signed the UN Charter.


Afghanistan was destroyed and stripped of culture and rights by the Taliban. Iraq was ruled by a terrorist. The damage was already done and I think our billions of dollars should make "oil rich" Iraq look very pretty in years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post
7. Then there is the obligation "to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law".


Yeah so what. Murderers shouldn't be afforded the same rights as others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post
8. Have the United States and Britain, the main signatories of the United Nations Charter "established conditions under which justice and respect for .... treaties and international laws".

Stop asking the same questions


Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrgrl View Post
10. Has the United States promoted social progress and better standards of life? Killing people in order to promote democracy is totally contrary to this undertaking.


Moderator cut: personal attack Do you know how many of your tax dollars go towards doing JUST THAT?

Last edited by Bo; 01-21-2009 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Making negative inferences = personal attack and is prohibited per TOS. OP is QUOTING here, not offering opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top