Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,483 times

Advertisements

Whats your favorite youtube tribute or slideshow or whatever of your state or region? If you never looked, go ahead and look, it's interesting

Heres mine

North Jersey

YouTube - North Jersey Tribute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 12:49 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,937,156 times
lol that video makes it seem like NJ owns the Statue of Liberty.

I found a pretty cool video about Long Island made in the 50s. It's basically not much different, except it's a lot more built-up than the video shows since it was so long ago:

YouTube - Dateline Long Island (Part 2)

And here's a video of Queens in NYC, where I'm also from:

YouTube - Journey Home to Queens, New York

Old 01-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post

I found a pretty cool video about Long Island made in the 50s. It's basically not much different, except it's a lot more built-up than the video shows since it was so long ago:

The statue liberty is owned by NY but it's in Jersey technically.. Its on Jersey's side of the river. Thats why it showed Jersey City in the background. Liberty Park is also in Jersey City.

and,
I like the two videos, especially the Queens one

Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 PM

Thanks..I know this video is sort of off-topic, but I thought people might be interested in it. It's the 1939 world's fair held in NY--a very high quality color video that you wouldn't expect is from 1939.

YouTube - 1939 New York World's Fair - Part 1 of 2 - A Home Movie Spectacular!

Old 01-24-2009, 03:42 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times
My favorite is still "Dirrrty Jerzy" by comedian Chunky Pam. If we can't make fun of ourselves, who can we make fun of?

I took the liberty of copying the lyrics below, in case they're hard to follow in the video. Maybe you have to be a Jersey resident, but I found this to be hilarious.

Jersey, stand up! We've been disrespected for way too long. They say we're the arm pit of this country, but we're the Brad Pitt of this country, listen to Pamgelina.

This is the Garden State, but I ain't that scrub from "Scrubs" the chubby wonder thunder thighs makin' it rain when they rub
Come and show me some love, strip mall and to the strip club, fattest Mall Rat that's all that and a big bag of Funyons
Wasn't born to run, I was born to be flossin,' beat boxin' at Seaside while eating sweet sausage.
The kings are from Queens, but the Queen's from Secaucus. I fired Springsteen now you can call me the boss
'Cuz I swerve down the Turnpike, flippin y'all the birdie, when I'm thirsty the jerkoffs from "Clerks" serve me slurpees
Call me curvy Fergie, N-J's favorite daughter, wrip clothes in zip codes with no eating disorders
Stick a fork in New Yorkers, California is corny, Midwest is depressing, the South don't make my mouth water like

Jersey, Jersey it's a hell of a state. Greasy spoon in my mouth, got the whole world on a plate in
Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey
Jersey, Jersey heavy meadow Soprano from the blacktops of Paterson to the Jackson Whites of Ramapo in

Sittin in my Cadillac, listenin' to Fleetwood Mac, Mayor McCheese the Big Mac attack of Hackensack.
The fleshy Joe Pesci Atlantic City black jack. My way Sinatra's got a crew they call the Fat Pack
Freestyle with Bon Jovi at the Stone Pony, played "Shoop" my new super group called Salt N Peppa-roni
Rollin' through Hoboken smokin' a stogey with Tony. I'm shining like a neon sign on a diner, homey
Sold out the Meadowlands, iced out like the Jersey Devils, man. I got more mental fans than metal bands with pentagrams.
I'm eatin Entenmann's mackin in my McMansion, man so dance to the toxic adventure to my chemical romance
They call me Jason Kidd, chin and **** a triple-double. Stock the fridge or you're in trouble, don't **** off this Bridge-and-Tunnel.

Jersey Jersey it's a hell of a place, raw like the Jersey Shore washed up with mad toxic waste in
Jersey Jersey, well there's nobody better, naughty by nature makin' paper like I was the Star-Ledger in

I've been with guidos from Clifton, preppies from Princeton, rich kids from Ridgewood, real 'hoods from Linden.
They court me in Fort Lee, they rock me in Moonachie, They like their shorties portly, plus-sized busts and stocky.
Big bonein in Bayonne, in parking lots after dark, Park Ridge, Glen Ridge, Englewood Cliffs and Cliffside Park
I'm mammoth in Monmouth, Toms River and Montclair, The gouma of Dumont, ooh god they love me there.
Players of Passaic, I drive 'em all bananas, Goo goo g'joop I am the Walnuts Paulie in Paramus
I do work in Newark, their Camden fantasy, They like to keep the lights off when they Wyckoff to me
Sweet talkin' in Weehawken, kissin in Parsippany, I'm representin' Trenton from now until infinity.

Jersey Jersey with my man Uncle Floyd, oh I wish they all could be Jersey boys in
Jersey Jersey bow down to the queen, sippin my chalice in my palace up on Route 17 in
Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jer.... (cut off in a Sopranos-like ending)

Old 01-24-2009, 03:54 PM

893 posts, read 2,863,788 times
Quote:

What town is the opening scene in? I've never seen a hill that big on Long Island. Long Island looks like a nice place in the 50s really relaxing.

Old 01-24-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymel View Post
What town is the opening scene in? I've never seen a hill that big on Long Island. Long Island looks like a nice place in the 50s really relaxing.
You mean the very beginning with the houses? If you mean that scene, I'm guessing somewhere probably on the north shore of Suffolk. I would love to know where many of those videos were taken. Maybe I'll post this on the Long Island board and ask that

Old 01-24-2009, 04:39 PM

893 posts, read 2,863,788 times
Quote:
You mean the very beginning with the houses? If you mean that scene, I'm guessing somewhere probably on the north shore of Suffolk. I would love to know where many of those videos were taken. Maybe I'll post this on the Long Island board and ask that
Definitely do that. It sucks that I've lived on Long Island all my life and I feel like I had more of a Queens experience than a Long Island experience. I'm moving to my dads house in Queens in a week and prolly wont ever be back out on the Island unless my dad decides to move out there since most of my family is moving to PA.

Buffalo: I really want to visit Buffalo one day. Seems like a nice place.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
My favorite is still "Dirrrty Jerzy" by comedian Chunky Pam. If we can't make fun of ourselves, who can we make fun of?

I took the liberty of copying the lyrics below, in case they're hard to follow in the video. Maybe you have to be a Jersey resident, but I found this to be hilarious.

Jersey, stand up! We've been disrespected for way too long. They say we're the arm pit of this country, but we're the Brad Pitt of this country, listen to Pamgelina.

This is the Garden State, but I ain't that scrub from "Scrubs" the chubby wonder thunder thighs makin' it rain when they rub
Come and show me some love, strip mall and to the strip club, fattest Mall Rat that's all that and a big bag of Funyons
Wasn't born to run, I was born to be flossin,' beat boxin' at Seaside while eating sweet sausage.
The kings are from Queens, but the Queen's from Secaucus. I fired Springsteen now you can call me the boss
'Cuz I swerve down the Turnpike, flippin y'all the birdie, when I'm thirsty the jerkoffs from "Clerks" serve me slurpees
Call me curvy Fergie, N-J's favorite daughter, wrip clothes in zip codes with no eating disorders
Stick a fork in New Yorkers, California is corny, Midwest is depressing, the South don't make my mouth water like

Jersey, Jersey it's a hell of a state. Greasy spoon in my mouth, got the whole world on a plate in
Jersey, Jersey heavy meadow Soprano from the blacktops of Paterson to the Jackson Whites of Ramapo in

Sittin in my Cadillac, listenin' to Fleetwood Mac, Mayor McCheese the Big Mac attack of Hackensack.
The fleshy Joe Pesci Atlantic City black jack. My way Sinatra's got a crew they call the Fat Pack
Freestyle with Bon Jovi at the Stone Pony, played "Shoop" my new super group called Salt N Peppa-roni
Rollin' through Hoboken smokin' a stogey with Tony. I'm shining like a neon sign on a diner, homey
Sold out the Meadowlands, iced out like the Jersey Devils, man. I got more mental fans than metal bands with pentagrams.
I'm eatin Entenmann's mackin in my McMansion, man so dance to the toxic adventure to my chemical romance
They call me Jason Kidd, chin and **** a triple-double. Stock the fridge or you're in trouble, don't **** off this Bridge-and-Tunnel.

Jersey Jersey it's a hell of a place, raw like the Jersey Shore washed up with mad toxic waste in
Jersey Jersey, well there's nobody better, naughty by nature makin' paper like I was the Star-Ledger in

I've been with guidos from Clifton, preppies from Princeton, rich kids from Ridgewood, real 'hoods from Linden.
They court me in Fort Lee, they rock me in Moonachie, They like their shorties portly, plus-sized busts and stocky.
Big bonein in Bayonne, in parking lots after dark, Park Ridge, Glen Ridge, Englewood Cliffs and Cliffside Park
I'm mammoth in Monmouth, Toms River and Montclair, The gouma of Dumont, ooh god they love me there.
Players of Passaic, I drive 'em all bananas, Goo goo g'joop I am the Walnuts Paulie in Paramus
I do work in Newark, their Camden fantasy, They like to keep the lights off when they Wyckoff to me
Sweet talkin' in Weehawken, kissin in Parsippany, I'm representin' Trenton from now until infinity.

Jersey Jersey with my man Uncle Floyd, oh I wish they all could be Jersey boys in
Jersey Jersey bow down to the queen, sippin my chalice in my palace up on Route 17 in
Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jersey, Dirty Jer.... (cut off in a Sopranos-like ending)
'HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!
"the Big Mac attack of Hackensack"

I love this song haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.